Monday, July 20, 2009

The Cuttlebug Spot Blog Hop



We're doing things a little different at The Cuttlebug Spot this week. Each Design Team member was asked to do a project using a technique formerly featured as a challenge. Instead of posting our projects on the blog, you're gonna have to do a little hopping to see what we've all come up with. If you missed the starting point of this hop, you can start HERE at the blog of our fabulous sponsor this week. I chose embossing something other than paper because I was hot to use more of my new Cuttlebug summer release folders. My DH is extremely fond of Diamond plate, and so much the better I could emboss actual metal. The word "Tough" is from the Tim Holtz grungeboard alphabet. I used the Herringbone folder on those because I think it looks like tire tread and then painted them with Ranger acrylic paint daubers and sanded a bit to enhance the texture. The metal letters are from Colorbok which I again used paint daubers in both white and black to dirty them up a bit, the gears are Tim Holtz Sprockets, and the screws are actual screws that my DH cut the threads off for me. WooHoo, he came home a day early from his trip because of stormy weather and boy am I glad! (Not just to cut off screws for me to use in my project LOL, I REALLY missed him! )

Lotsa metal going on here! This is one heavy card! More embossing and metal letters on the inside, and the "2 withstand" was done with Scrapyard 329 alphabet that I pounded with a mallet into a Ten Seconds Studio slate covered metal sheet (it's kinda like coredinations card stock, but metal) and then used one of their texture wheels and sanded.


Besides all of the texture from the embossing and metal embellishments I popped the "T" and "G" with foam dimensionals. You didn't actually think I'd do a card without them, did you? Your next stop on our little hop is my talented Design Team sister Kerri's blog so click HERE to see what she's come up this week. And thank you so much to our fabulous sponsor Katz Designz. She has an adorable stamp set that you can win by making a project using your favorite past technique and leaving a link in the comments section. So have fun and keep on hopping!

34 comments:

  1. oooh i love this!!! super cute idea! love the sentiment!!! and works SO well with the new folder, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is an awsome man card...just awsome...I adore it...adore it... its amazing!!!... I posted mine but didn't publish it the other day...so all I had to do was hit a button!!...lol..

    hugs
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOOW, I think about says it all. Great male cards. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna,
    what an awesome masculine card!! Love that diamond plated embossing folder. After seeing your card I defintely need to get a hold of it! Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, now I see what all the fretting over that sentiment was about! OMG! What an AWESOME, AWESOME card, Donna! Love all the embossed details. Very realistic looking! I have all of that new fun stuff on order and now I think I'll have anxiety attacks waiting for it to arrive! Thanks for the very cool inspiration, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Donna I hope you had your hard hat and protective goggles on while making this!!! What a fantastic man card, really brilliant. I have those 2 folder just for men cards I've used the metal plate one on letters but never thought of the herringbone looking like tyre tracks. thanks for the inspiration! And another Donna masterpiece!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness Donna!! Too cute! I love the addition of all the little gears...so fun!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh! You totally rocked this! I love this card! I have such a hard time coming up with masculine cards - you have the knack!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great man-card! This opens up all kinds of ideas for cards! I can't wait to get the diamond plate folder and others I have pre-ordered.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She may have a headache from me screaming in her ears yesterday :)

    Great card, love al the metal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic man card. How do you come up with all of these great ideas? I was busy reading before I realized it was a birthday card then I had to laugh...LOVE it! Love the diamond plated embossing too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card!! i love this!My DH loves diamond plate too... i will have to get this embossing folder soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGOSH!!! Donna your work is amazing.. Love the tough look on it -- great male card.
    hugs
    Piali

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very interesting card.
    Off to Susan's blog.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  15. oops!! that is off to Kerri's blog
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card! I hope you won't have to pay postage for that =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea for a male card, they are alway much harder to think of new things for! Off to hop to the next blog.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow! u put a lot of work into that card! who ever receives it is going to be one happy person!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome card! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a neat idea, I love the use of screws, all the lettering is great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the screws! Great idea. I'll have to go out and get metal, or use my silver card stock. TFS.

    off to hop....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Donna, that is the cutest ever! I love the screws!!

    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love your card...so manly...and that new folder I just have to have

    visit me at: deedeescraftspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the masculine theme, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is just gorgeous!. I create so few masculine cards. What is the card word for scraplifting????
    -Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW!! Girlfriend you hit the nail on the head, or should I say screw on the head? LOL, Donna this is one cute and creative card. It's just perfect for a male card, and thanks to DH for cutting off those screws. Love it girl!!

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome CARD!!! LOVE IT!!! Great blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I need to recreate this card for Scotti..its so cool! what a great job on this!!!! are those real screws on the card? knowing you I wouldnt be surprised! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am oohing and aahing over these cards for the blog hop. I have this folder too and can see that I need to get time to get some serious cardmaking done!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Now that's a Mans Card for sure it's just so fun

    ReplyDelete
  31. donna you so rock! what an awesome man card.. wow! xxshelly

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is amazing! Looks like it is made from real metal - and how clever to use real screws!
    Hugs,
    Kathrin aka Kruemel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!