Monday, July 13, 2009

BBTB Mickey Ring Challenge


This week at BBTB Regina chose the ring from Mickey and Friends. I can't believe I don't have this cart, but fortunately my dear friend Leah does so it gave me an excuse to bop over there and peek on her little new bundle Cody as well. He's 3 weeks old already and growing so fast!

I thought this would make a lovely engagement, wedding, or possibly anniversary card so I did some welding in DS to make the shaped front adding the heart from the Wedding Solutions cartridge and the beautiful "forever" sentiment from Home Decor. The card was a bit difficult to photograph because of the mirror card stock I used for the ring, and the holographic paper for the stone. The inside mat and that for the inside of the heart was from the DCWV Luxury Stack and the card itself and heart filigree is iridescent card stock.



Of course there are multiple layers and lots of popping going on and I embellished with lots of adhesive pearls, beads, and rhinestones. I particularly like how the diamond came to life by creating facets with the rhinestones. It looks like the gorgeous platinum ring my DH gave me for our 25th anniversary. Maybe I'll save this one for our anniversary.

20 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! I'm first! Donna, that's one big rock! Loving all the layers and the papers are gorgeous, as always! You must have an endless supply of those pearls, girl! Beautiful, beautiful creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I can't believe you don't have the Mickey cart.. LOL.. Absolutely gorgeous. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gasp! OH MY WORD Donna...so fabulous!! Love how you traced the lines in the diamond with actual rhinestones! Genius!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna all of your work is my favorite, but this truly is a favorite, the subtle coloring and layers, all add up to one totally fantastic creation. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!! Absolutely gorgeous card, Donna! You never cease to amaze me with your talents! Fabulous!
    hugs
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what an amazing card! Your cards are just beautiful! I love all the bling and all the popped up layers.
    Absolutely Gorgeous!!
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Hugs - Min

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is so beautiful. I like all your creation on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creation and fantastic colouring!
    Love the gorgeous designs and detail! Just stunning.

    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so so pretty!!! I just absolutely love all of your details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Donna this is absolutely gorgeous! As always, the colors are just perfect and I love the gemstone on the diamond.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw your card on Bitten by the Bug blog and did a search for your blog just so I could get a closer look. It is absolutely gorgeous...breathtaking! I LOVE IT! Now I'm off to take a look at your other postings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have wanted to use this forever..but just couldn't think how to make it pretty..and look at you this is stunning...just stunning...I love it..absoutly love it.
    hugs
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  13. absolutely stunning! anyone would be sooo lucky to receive this card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning!! So gorgeouus -- the layers are amazing. You ROCK!!!!!
    Hugs
    Piali

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm absolutely blown away! Just when I think you've taken your layers and embellishments as far as they can go you make a creation like this. WOW!
    Rock on girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely fantastically wonderfully gorgeous card. You are awesome. AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  17. BREATHTAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL! This is my new favourite card of yours until our next masterpiece lol!! Out of this world I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG!!!! Donna this is stunning, you have put so much work into this and you definately go the results. Just stunning!

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!