Saturday, July 18, 2009

Blackletter Note Cards and The Cutting Cafe Social Butterflies Set Winner


First of all, without further ado, the winner of the Cutting Cafe Social Butterflies set is JENNIFER PELLEGRINO! Congratulations Jennifer! Please email me your email addy so we can get your prize sent right out to you. And thank you all for participating.

Yesterday I had a really bad day. My Dh is STILL gone on a backpacking trip and has been gone since Tues. morning and of course I'm having all sorts of technical difficulties with my desktop computer, my air conditioning and most disturbing, my cat box. Yes, you read that right, my CAT BOX. I have a litter robot which sort of looks like R2D2 from Star Wars. The cats climb into what looks like a space pod to potty and when they're done the top rotates sift the litter to deposit the contents into the base and then returns to it's original positon, except now NOTHING HAPPENS. Scooping out of this contraption is no mean feat either. WHAT A PITA!

Sorry if this is TMI for all of you non-animal lovers, but I'm really getting frustrated and had to vent. Anyway, I miraculously managed to make a set of note cards using several of the new Cuttlebug folders, some gorgeous paper from K&Co, and the Blackletter Cricut cartridge. I was amazed at how the folders coordinated so well with the paper designs.


The first uses the Victoria folder. this is the one that got me started because the embossing almost matched the paper exactly!


The second uses Textile Textures, not a new folder but definitely a great one.


The third uses Morroccan Screen. I'm really loving these new folders. The images seem more crisp and I love the variety.


Finally I used my Stampin'Up label punch and my Labels 1 Nesties for the monogram layers and popped them for dimension. These were cards were really simple (which was about all I could handle yesterday), but I think they turned out quite elegantly just the same.

18 comments:

  1. Donna they might be "simple" but they are also totally elegant! Love the black & white (or is it cream?). Happy Saturday...Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Litter or no litter, these are fabulous, I house/cat sat for neighbors with an unusal litter box but had my moments with it, lol, hope DH gets home soon to lend assistance, it doesn't help that it is hotter than you know what also. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. These note cards are really gorgeous Donna! So elegant!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww I sorries DH is gone- isn't that always when things go wrong?! :/ you're cats are gorgeous tho, is Jezebel a maine coon? these cards are so wonderful! fabulous job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Donna these are stunningly elegant!
    Hope your DH is due home soon to fix everything!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Donna and love the colour combination such a gorgeous design and detail!

    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, they turned out gorgeous! I feel ya' about yesterday as we were talking on the phone when all your drama started to unfold. LOL,
    I hope David gets home soon to lend you a helping hand my friend. You did an awesome job on the cards, with all the obstacles in your way.

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked this so much I already went and made one for myself using the DCWV La Creme stack. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, these note cards are stunning! I can't wait for the new folders; they look beautiful! I had to laugh about your cat box dilema. I look forward to my husband coming in off the road to tend to the cat box (among other things) but not because the robot went postal --- just because I hate doing it. I will have to look into getting my own R2D2!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Donna, you are just amazing... They are more than elegant friend, they are down right gorgeous. Where did you get the new cuttlebug folders???

    My poor Pete just has the old fashioned kind of cat box.. hope dh gets home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna these are just so elegant looking, I just love black and white cards! I looked at Black Letter and decided against it but now may have to reconsider.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna I cant thank you enough for sharing this beautiful cards with us...I will be using the black and white colors for my wedding next year...damask design...and these are such great inspiration...plus the wonderful ring card you put together for the BBTB Challenge...beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!! thanks so much...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am almost too amused about the litter box to comment on your cards..lol! just teasing! These are very pretty. Your so good at doing such totally different styles! Hope David enjoys his "honeydoo" list he now has! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooooh, pretty, pretty! Love the simple design and how you matched the folders to the papers perfectly! Maybe you can teach the cats how to clean out the litter box!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice set of note cards! I love how you were able to match the paper and A2 folders, very clever! But then, that's why I keep hoping over to your blog...for your never ending creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simple, stunning elegance!! I just love these!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!