Thursday, July 16, 2009

First Card with my New Cuttlebug Folders



I'll admit it, I just couldn't wait! When I saw that HSN was offering the brand new, not yet released Cuttlebug folders I just HAD to get them. Worse yet, I HAD to have them NOW! so I paid almost as much to ship them as I did to buy them and of course next day wasn't REALLY next day because it was over the weekend. Then wouldn't you know I must have been the absolute LAST stop on the UPS driver's route because they didn't arrive until almost 7:00p.m. Seriously, I was pulling my hair out! LOL I was still feeling rather romantic from my BBTB card so I chose the gorgeous swirly frame and found that the "Together Forever" sentiment from the Sizzix Wedding Set #2 just about fit in the opening. I cuttled the card front itself with Swiss Dots, then used an iridescent mat, the regular white card stock for the frame, and the iridescent again for the sentiment. The flowers are "wedding confetti" that I found in the wedding section of Michaels and I added a few adhesive pearls. Wow was this easy!

Tuesday I was lucky enough to snag Leah (BeeCherryLady on the Cricut message board) and baby Cody away from her family to come over and craft. A whole girly day, seems like it had been forever. Here's a pic of Mom and baby. Isn't he the sweetest!? I just wanted to eat him up with a spoon.

He was such a good boy, but I don't think he thought much of this card. (What do men know LOL) BTW, Leah just started a blog and hasn't really posted much (except adorable pix of her kids) but why don't you bop on over there and say "Hi" and give her a little encouragement. Just click HERE.

11 comments:

  1. Oh boy I get to be first this morning, Leah's baby is sooooo precious, hugs, hugs, hugs. Your new folders were used to create the prettiest card, just WOW! Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is wonderful I will have to get these now but do you know I don't have a single sizzix embossing folder gonna have to look at these now too, the baby is just the cutest thing
    thanks for sharing Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Donna look at him he is just the cutest!
    I love your card its stunning I got 6 of the folders just over a week ago in the UK but not had time to use them yet! MMM I didn't get this one think maybe I need to as I have that sizzix folder and it makes a fabulous wedding card. Thanks for enabling ha as if I need enabling to spend Money!!
    Hugs
    juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok....enabler! I purposely didn't watch HSN because I knew....I KNEW it would create $$$. Now I see the possibilities of what I missed. Your card is just a true Donna creation, you do the most awesome things. I loved seeing Leah and her baby and how neat neat neat that you could do a creativity day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh he is adorable donna...and i gotta get that die...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card as always.. and the baby is the cutest.. I am so jealous you guys got to have a girly day and scrap all day..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna! People are gonna think my baby is crazy looking! LOL!
    This is so cute...thank you so much for having us over...a whole day with you, thats just the best! Love you!
    and thank you for the blog plug!
    IF anyone else reads this..I actually added something to my blog! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the card is just so pretty love the new folders and that baby beautiful
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, gorgeous card Donna! Love the way you've used that new folder!

    A-dorable pics...you forget how tiny they are at that age!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card you made with your new cuttlebug folders! Beautiful job!!! Leah's baby is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card,and love that little baby so sweet you lucky lady
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!