Thursday, July 23, 2009

Boo to You from The Cutting Cafe


I don't know about you, but I LOVE Halloween and for me it's never too early to start thinking up fun ideas. That's why I couldn't wait to play with the "Boo" printable background stamp from The Cutting Cafe. I just love the small scale and cool font, and the O's look like little eyes. OOOH! So much fun!

First I printed out the background on white cardstock for my card mat, cut a frame with my Labels 1 Nestie and a big moon out of orange with my Nestie Circle. That spooky tree is a Cottage Cutz die sold exclusively at The Scrapping Cottage. I wish I could say I thought up the google eyes idea myself, but I saw it on The Scrapping Cottage Blog and fell in love with the idea. Too cute, don't you think, and perfect with the background stamp. The little bats are RainDots and the spooky is a puffy sticker I added some more google eyes to.

The cool part about this background stamp is the image is large enough to use for layouts and in this case, wrapping paper. I just printed it this time on regular printer paper and wrapped a little box of treats with it. The tombstone tag and bat are Cuttlebug cut and emboss dies. How fast and fun it that?! Hop on over to The Cutting Cafe. There's loads of fun printable stuff to get your creative juices flowing and they're only an email away!


17 comments:

  1. oh my donna, that is way cute...i was thinking the same thing myself....gotta use that background stamp soon...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Donna look at all those eyes looking at meee!!! Spoooky! I love it! fab background from the cutting cafe and with your flair and design these are wonderful projects and I definitely need that tree! Going over to cottage cuts right now! Fantastic creations my friend!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO love this Donna! Your eyeball tree is super fun!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, Donna, this is spooktacular (sorry ;-})! Love the googly eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute Donna. I might have to lift the google-eyes in the tree thing myself - adorable! Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG the eyes are soo cool. Love the card and gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna this is brilliant, I really love the eyes on the tree, it is so spooky.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable! I love the tree!! What a fun project. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is just too cute love it
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also love Halloween projects Donna and this set is spookalicious ;0)
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna, another ball out of the park, this is well "WOW". Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love your work, I told my husband you are the architect of cards! They are amazing, I love your dimension, softness, elegence.... I could go on and on! You are a favorite designer of mine! I even made your castle card!

    Thank you so much for leaving me a note on the Cricut MB about my paper flower card. I was shocked and thrilled to see your comment! IT means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning Donna, I love love love the tree!
    hugs

    En x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my Donna...what a fabulous card. Love the eyes on the tree, can't help but chuckle! Haven't been over the the cutting cafe in a while, but the background is a have to have!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great projects. Love how you used the googlie eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You do such great work... I love your stuff! I'm sure you already have this but I left you the "One Lovely Blog Award" in my blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my - I love all those eyes!!!! My sister is also a lover of Halloween. I decorate my front lawn and play scary music... well not too scary. And she comes down and trick or treats in our neighborhood

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!