Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hello Kitty Ballerina


I finally had a chance to make a card just for fun. I'd received a sweet thank you note from my BFF Becky's niece who stayed with us for a few days before moving into the dorm at USF to study with the San Francisco ballet this summer so I decided to make her a card. I had bought Hello Kitty Font awhile ago just for the ballerina and thought Leslie might think she was cute. I made a simple shaped card by welding the shadow cut using Design Studio. The tutu, bow and slippers were cut from glitter paper I had gotten a in pack from WalMart.

Leslie has been working hard and is very tired from her classes. She says they're even more difficult than the ones in New York where she has studied the past 3 summers so I thought this sentiment might be a little pick me up.

There aren't alot if bells and whistles on this card but I did do a little popping of the layers for dimension. Other than that I think she pretty much stands on her own. Hope she likes.
I'm getting questions on this post that I can't answer personally because there is no contact info or blog in your google account. Not you Julie, but I figure you'll be around again sooner or later. LOL I did cut the mat for the inside sentiment first and then used removable tape to position the cut on the paper that I had already printed with the sentiment, then ran it through again. As far as the welding, I only have DS. To weld the tops you must turn the image 180 degrees and then flip the shapes to get it to match up. Hope that helps. xxD

14 comments:

  1. This is so sweet and adorable Donna!I love all the sparkles!!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo cute! How did you get the sentiment on the inside card? Did you cut first and then run it through the printer? I really want to learn how to do this, but can't figure out how to match up my printed wording on my cricut mat.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that you made her into a card and just perfect for aballerina Donna! I would like to know about the text too did you use centreoint on cricut? Do tell it's so perfectly centred
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the sweetest little ballerina! Her glittery tutu and bow make her a prima ballerina! She'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait a minute!!! Did you say "you made a card just for fun?" Alright, Donna! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure she is going to love it..

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute Donna! She will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome. My girls would LOVE it. I may have to rent that cartridge and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so cute. I love Hello Kitty. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable card Donna! Can't help but smile. Your friend's niece is sure to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. did you use SCAL? I can't get DS to weld top to top. HELP please

    ReplyDelete
  12. ADORABLE!! Great work Donna!!

    Hugs,

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable Donna, I will have to make one like this for Kiki who has just started ballet lessons, bless her, she is like a baby elephant....
    Have a lovely weekend,
    hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this Donna all girlie and pink with a touch of sparkle
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!