Sunday, October 12, 2014

Lacy Sunshine Halloween!


Our new Challenge at Lacy Sunshine is Halloween.  WooHoo!  There are fabulous new images at the Crafter's Candy Shoppe and I've chose one of the sweetest Ever!  Meet  Sugi's Hocus Pocus, one of Heather's newest characters. You can see more of her HERE. I know I usually go for the darker images, like Lady Heather's Curiousities or the Melancholy Moppets, but I gotta say I went head over heels for this adorable gal. So Audrey, our team coordinator, chuckled a bit when I said I was using her for the challenge and gave me a personal bit of a challenge to darken her up. 



Not the easiest ever, but I went for the monotone Copic W's.  I just couldn't add blood, but I think she is a bit spookier this way, don't you?  I added a Jolee's Boutique pumpkin to the one in her hand, after darkening that up a bit with my Copics, too.  And although I don't usually go in for lots of stickers, I hit the mother lode at Michaels, at 50% off and nabbed the haunted house and sentiment stickers that matched my already colored image perfectly.  Cut a frame in the Dp I had already chosen with my Spellbinders Scalloped Labels One and popped the frame to allow for the dimensional house.  I gotta say I totally love the way it turned out.  My teamies have done an amazing job so be sure and visit the Challenge Blog for more inspiration.  There's also the exciting new Confectionary TV which you don't want to miss.  And if you haven't already subscribed to the Lacy Sunshine Magazine, there's still time to get the new holiday issue which will be debuting November 1st HERE (please scroll down). You may purchase single issues as well.

I'm entering this in A Gem of a Challenge Create a Scene, the Outlawz Saturday Paper a la Mode Monochromatic,  Open Minded Crafting Pumpkins and Jack-o-lanterns, Sweet Pea Stampers Halloween, Crafting by Designs Boo You Scared Me, Crafting for All Seasons Too Cute to Spook, Scrapper's Delights Monochrome, Stampavie and More Halloween, Bearly Mine Halloween, PunkYouGirl October ATG/Halloween, Eureka Stamps Delightfully Frightful613 Avenue Create ATG, and Ladybug Crafts October Autumn/Halloween.

26 comments:

  1. oh this is awesome and jumped off the challenge blog page at me just love her best in monotone and your backing scenece is ace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning make, love the darker side too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute Halloween card. Well done on the coloring. Thank you for sharing your card at Sweet Pea Stampers. We wish you good luck and we hope to see you again. Sylvia, DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Donna What a treat two cards for me to look at of yours..I love your work it is stunning and the very light touch of yellow is amazing and may I say a little Haunting too lol..Thanks for entering Scrappers Delights Challenge again and good luck Christine DT:)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Donna love it thanks for joining in at Punk You Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing Creation. Looks so dimensional. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Donna! Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments you leave on my blog! I really appreciate them all!!
    I am loving this card you have here today, the image is gorgeous and your colouring amazing! I love the card and all the elements of it.

    Thank you for joining in at Crafting By Designs, PunkyouGirl and Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges with this fabulous creation!! mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is one awesome creation just perfect for our challenge at Crafting for All Seasons....good luck and please join us next challenge....
    aNNie for


    {Crafting For All Seasons DT Member}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!
    I love your card, I really like the monotone colours you used on her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Your monotone Copic colouring is fantstic! Very very creepy..lol. Thanks for sharing with us over at Bearly Mine Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even though the sugar content is still kinda high, this is super cute! I have those same stickers (all of them) but haven't been able to fit them into anything yet. They worked perfectly on this project. The monotone coloring is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely card thanks for sharing with sweet pea stampers this week Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card!
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
    Jani x

    ReplyDelete
  14. AMAZEBALLS!!! Love this card Donna!
    Hugs
    Fiona DT CFAS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, fun pumpkins, thanks for joining us at Open Minded challenges this fortnight

    ReplyDelete
  16. amazing card as always x
    caroline

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card as always Donna, just loving the hint of colour in your Monochrome card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun.
    Julie DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card!!! LOVE the black and white!! Wow!!! Just a stunning card!!! And the stickers you used.. can't believe they are stickers!! They are fantastic!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, so awesome! Love the image and the whole mono look. Awesome... :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just fabulous Donna - you totally rocked Audrey's challenge!

    Hugs, Vannessa

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can imagine how hard going monochrome with this whole image was, but it turned out lovely ... the whole project is beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us at Bearly Mine Designs' October Halloween challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a spooky card! Perfect for our challenge this week at "Open-Minded Crafting Fun" Thank you for joining us! Melanie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is gorgeous Donna. Love the design with the dark halloween theme and the scenery with the bat and house. Thanks for playing at Scrappers Delight and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at Scrappers Delight xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW totally gorgeous creation!!!! love the background with the sticker it really was a fabulous find for this. Love the coloring in monochromatic as well!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous card you have made here. It fits our challenge this month well of “Halloween”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team Leader)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!