Thursday, October 30, 2014

Gecko Galz Jeepers Creepers Challenge


Of course I'm cutting it close, as usual, for the Gecko Galz Jeepers Creepers Customer Challenge.  It happens often, but especially in October.   I LOVE Halloween.  My head fills with so many ideas that I'm overwhelmed and just don't know where to begin, so I just don't. Fortunately I rallied.  I originally had a different plan for this challenge, but when I saw this cool tut for a popsicle stick puzzle HERE on Leslierahye's blog I thought it would be great with the Jeepers Creepers Collage Sheet from Gecko Galz, a cool and creepy diversion or gifty for the kid in all of us.



The tin started out like this.  Yeah, chew much gum?  Unfortunately, Altoids discontinued the cinnamon years ago (probably because if you chew too many of them, they burn the roof of your mouth out, guess how I know?) but I've held on to the tins and sniff them occasionally.  LOL  Finally got around to altering one.  How about that?  (I now chew Trident cinnamon. Thank God they reintroduced that flavor or I'd be one unhappy camper.)  The top is another image from the Jeeper's Creepers Collage sheet with a computer generated sentiment, washi around the bottom and bit of Sharpie ink and border stickers.




Now, I said the puzzle was two sided so here's the other side.  Inside the tin I've included the slightly stretched out versions of the puzzle because trust me, they aren't the easiest to put together with the vintage pix I chose, but aren't they fun?



But it all fits neatly in the tin so you can carry it in your purse and pull it out while waiting for an appointment or you're bored at work, or well, you get the picture.  LOL  So there ya have it, just in the nick of time.  Yea me!

BTW, The Gecko Galz Blog Hop is going on now through November 2nd with gorgeous projects, loads of freebies and great prizes.  Don't miss it!

I'm also entering this in the Recycle, Re-Purpose & Reinvent October Fall Harvest Halloween Part 2 Challenge, LOC Halloween, Simon Says Wednesday ATG and MAA Halloween or Fall Challenge


5 comments:

  1. Jeepers, I love popsicle stick puzzles!Look at you adding a carrying case! Hmmm....I think I would be scared to look in your purse, lol! A great project and such a fun giftie!
    Happy Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Donna this is amazing! Must have taken a lot of patience to pull this off, but really worth it for the beauty you made! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous Halloween tin.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Donna!! So super creative and spooky!! Thanks for playing in the MAA Challenge :0)
    Hugs!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!