Monday, October 13, 2014

Delicious Darkness with a Halloween Twist


Time for a new Challenge at Delicious Darkness and our twist this month is Halloween.  Remember we're not looking for cute, here. I decided to go with orange and black.  Can't get more Halloweenie than that, can ya?  The gorgeous image is Corvus Coralyne available HERE at the Delicious Darkness shop.   I love the expression on her face.  Looks like she's got a secret.  I've colored her minimally with Copics and did give her some piercing green eyes.  Ancient K&Co DP from my stash, a little web border courtesy of my MS punch and some Halloween twine with a found feather.  I think the little birdie is jealous.

Inside I followed the color scheme and printed the sentiment using Halloween Border  with a slightly modified Happy Helloween Sentiment to better match the computer generated sentiment on the front.  Don't know why my black border photographed kind of navy, but I assure you it's BLACK!  Our monthly challenge runs through Nov 13th, so you have plenty of time to scare us silly.  Be sure to check out the fab makes by my teamies on the Challenge Blog and don't forget to scroll down to see if you're a WINNER!  It's also time to take a look at Delicious Darkness Shop.  There are a number of new stamps there including some totally terrifying jack-o-lanterns and a mermaid that is about the darkest EVER!  WooHoo!  If darkness doesn't float your boat, there are gorgeous mainstream images at the sister shop Delicious Doodles.  Please scroll down for my HDH post.

I'm entering this in the Crafting By Designs Boo You Scared Me Challenge, OSAAT ATG with the Color Orange, the Corrosive Challenges Halloween, Simply Create Too Halloween or Use Lots of Orange and the Crafter's Cafe Orange, Black, and One Other Color (green eyes).

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! I'm surprised we didn't have a better DT turn out for this one, but those of us who did participate ROCKED it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Donna, LOVE IT! Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this week.
    Hugs
    Fiona DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, inside and out! Thank you for joining us at One Stitch at a Time! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My...she really is deliciously dark. Lovely image and you added just the right amount of color.
    Thank you for playing with us at Simply Create Too for our Halloween/Use Orange challenge no. 74. We hope you'll join us again soon.
    Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!