Sunday, April 22, 2012

Week 4 Chapter 14 The Altered Alice Splendidly Dressed Challenge

"After a time she heard a little pattering of feet in the distance, and she hastily dried her eyes to see what was coming. It was the White Rabbit returning, splendidly dressed, with a pair of white kid gloves in one hand and a large fan in the other: he came trotting along in a great hurry, muttering to himself as he came, `Oh! the Duchess, the Duchess! Oh! won't she be savage if I've kept her waiting!'"-- Chapter 2; Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Welcome to week 4 of The Altered Alice Spendidly Dressed Challenge.  April has arrived, which (in the northern hemisphere) brings thoughts of wearing your Sunday springtime best and perhaps donning an Easter bonnet! So we at The Altered Alice want to you to show us your Sunday best; ruffles, ribbons, lace, frills; however you want to interpret the challenge. My Week 2 Project was Easter oriented, but this week I was heavily influenced by our quote and decided to make a fan like the White Rabbit may have carried. I've used my Cricut and the Sentimentals cartridge to cut the pieces for the fan. The cut is actually a hand mirror, but I've stretched it using DS to elongate the shape, embossed the cream pieces with my Cuttlebug 5x7 Sentimentals Cricut Companion folder and fastened them together at the base with a pretty pearl brad.



The design team is so excited about showing off the brand new Wonderland Perfectly Clear™ Stamps from our sponsor, Stampendous (Website / Blog). This Alice is all dressed up from her shining shoes to the top of her hat, not to mention her frilly parasol! We will have THREE winners this month, and they will each receive the same Wonderland stamp set the design team is using! You can read more about this amazing company HERE.
All of the characters are from the fabulous Stampendous set.  They were stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa and Alice was colored minimally with Copics.  Each figure was fussy cut and popped near the base.

Inside each oval I've popped a medallion from the new Nesties Floral Ovals set.  The heart was stamped with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  I masked the "Sorry, I'm late" sentiment with tape in order to stamp it in two lines rather than one.
The lacy border atop each segment is also cut with the Nesties Floral Ovals set.
Here's the dimensional shot.  Although originally the fan folded up, once I began adding the figures I thought it better to adhere them together in the open position.  Because April is a 5 week month, there are 4 whole weeks of inspiration posts on The Altered Alice and we've been lucky enough to also display gorgeous work from the Stampendous Design Team as well, so I'm sure you don't want to miss a thing.  And remember, there will be 3 WINNERS of this fabulous Stampendous stamps so get your project in by April 27th to be eligible for the prize.  

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project!! Love how you made mirrors into a fan, it seems a very wonderland thing to do too! The images are lovely, and now I'm pining lol. Thanks for sharing another awesome project :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna this is a absolutely stunning and such a clever idea. Love the colour choice and the touch of embossing. Lovely layout of the images too. Love your photograph of your project, splendidly dressed indeed. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow Donna -this is wonderful! I love the colors and the design and your photograph!!! Very Alice and totally inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super smart and oh so fabulous! I love all of your elements - perfectly perfect fussy cutting, coloring, design elements, and execution! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Gorgeous Batman! Hail to the cricut Queen!! Donna this is breathtaking. I love the soft blues against the white and what a fabulous touch to add the hand. Another amazing creation :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, this is pure magic, I wonder if I have time to work with my Alice Stamps? Love love this. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a woman of few words. Here is one.
    Awesome.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  8. All i can say is "WOW"... you are so amazing Donna. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea, a wonderful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna, this is AMAZING! I love every single little thing about it! The presentation is brilliant! Gotta "hand" it to ya on this one! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, this is really gorgeous, Donna, you put so much work into everything you do! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!