Monday, April 30, 2012

BBTB2 Ice Cream Cone Challenge


Happy Monday!  It's time for another BBTB2 challenge, chosen by our sweet and wonderful Penny.  She has chosen an ice cream cone from any cart.  My double dipper is from the Sweet Treats cartridge.  Ummm...yeah, I know this one's a bit different for me.  I rarely add a digi stamp to a Cricut card (especially for BBTB2) but I just couldn't help it.  I'll tell ya why later.  So it is a shaped card with a frame from Accent Essentials welded to the side to put my sassy little chickie on.  She's called Troublemaker by KennyK.  HeeHee! (one of my faves!)  The cone and the mint chip ice cream layer were embossed with my Cuttlebug using Diamond Plate and D'Vine Swirls and inked a bit.  I'd planned to heat emboss the chocolate topping with clear embossing powder but I was in a real hurry to prolong my birthday experience and take off for the Double Barrel Wine Bar for some music, tapas and wine.  (WooHoo!)

Ok, so here's where the inspiration came in.  I'd been listening to the radio this week and heard Light You Up by Shawn Mullins and when it came to this line I KNEW I HAD to use it!  (Bummer, I tried to embed the video but it embedded in a whole different post that I couldn't figure out to edit.  Still having some issues with this new format.  Is it just me?)  The top scoop opens to reveal the lyric and tucks behind the frame to keep it closed.
The whole card opens too, but I just couldn't manage to finish the inside after an afternoon of sun, wine and song.  (Don't look too closely at the coloring either.  LOL)  Lots of fab inspiration at BBTB2 and we're so excited to announce the newest members for our Design Team.

13 comments:

  1. Donna, so glad you got an extended birthday fun, and the card is sooo cool, love the digi and your great double dipper ice cream cone. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday, girl. I told ya, if we have to turn a year older, then milk that birthday for a whole year. Love your sweet ice cream cone card. As always.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, glad you got some birthday fun in!! Love your card, so cute and clever!! I also love your sassy girl with her ice cream cone! I haven't heard that song, but sure do love the sentiment from the song, fits perfectly with this sassy girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOOhhhhh, mint chocolate chip is my absolute favorite....I love your cone and especially love the little vixen next to it...great job! Now I have a craving for mint choc chip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna,
    What an incrediable card. I love how the top of the cone opens. Happy Birthday, sounds like you had a great time in SF.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna love the cone and the way it opens with the lyrics. Cut little digi girl. You always inspire me! So excited to be on the DT with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna ~ OMG! I just LOVE this card! I am so glad your added the image ~ it fits PERFECTLY with the ice cream cone! Your post is too funny! Sounds like you had a GREAT birthday and don't even get me started on your coloring! It is AMAZING every time! I wish I could color like that on my BEST day ~ with no drinks in me at all! BEAUTIFULL done as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Donna and love the little minx!So pleased to be on the team with you.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card! Love the double dip and how the card opens! Cute little image!
    I am so excited to be on the BBTB2 team with you! Looking forward to all the fun!
    Thanks again!
    Glenda
    http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colouring on this. Very cool card/ice cream x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing card Donna I love how the front opens and how your sassy digi image is holding a matching cone, I think your colouring is fabulous!So glad you're still enjoying your birthday celebrations!
    Hugs
    Juliexxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!