Friday, April 13, 2012

Dilly Beans Shades of Pink and Black


TGIF! We've got some nasty rain today and I'm wondering where our Spring weather has gone. Actually, WHAT Spring weather? Here in the Bay Area, we've seen nothing that truly resembles our Spring. Bummer, but we do need the rain. At the Dilly Beans Designers and Challenge Blog we're in the pink though, with a color challenge of shades of pink and black. This should have been a snap, but there are so many cute digis at the Dilly Beans Shop that lent themselves to these colors that I had a tough time deciding. I went with #383Abby Framed and then decided to add a flower wreath to her head from Megan's Posie Set. She's colored with Copics and set on a heart doily I've colored black with a Sharpie. The light pink mat is embossed with a 5x7 Cuttlebug folder from the Heritage Companion set. It's set off with another mat, this time in black and I've addded some adhesive pearls for good measure. All in all, pretty CAS, but Megan's gorgeous images don't need much else. Be sure to stop by The Challenge Blog and see the fabby creations by the rest of the team and we love to see what you create, too.

I'm also entering this in the Paper and Such CAS Challenge and the Art with No Bounderies "The Eyes Have It" Challenge.

12 comments:

  1. Oh nice card, so sweet with the pale pink !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a great wreath, love your black doily and love love the image, I don't love the rain though, even if we do need it. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this. Great soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! =)
    Thanks for joining us at Art With No Boundaries!
    Hugs, Elenor DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous Donna! I love the black & pink colour combo! A gret creation for our challenge at Art With No Boundaries!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to stop by and get my DONNA FIX 'cuz you know I can't stay away for very long, lol! What a great card, love the pink and black and the posies...it all goes together perfectly!
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of these cards but I am so smitted with the pink creation. so so lovely....
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this color combo! Thanks for playing along at the Paper and Such CAS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a super cool card! Thanks for joining us at Paper and Such!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the soft colors (coloring) you used for this project! Absolutely gorgeous! You are so right. Megan's images don't need a lot of embellishment, do they? ;) You did a beautiful job here! Thanks for the inspiration, my friend!

    XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Donna, Congratulations on being selected as Honourable Mention in our “The Eyes Have It” challenge on Art With No Boundaries.

    Your work is being featured on our side bar and will remain there until May 7th. You can download your featured logo to display on your blog from our challenge blog. Thank you for playing in our challenge and sharing your beautiful piece with us. I hope you will visit us again.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!