Friday, May 15, 2015

New Challenge at The East Wind


It's time for an new challenge at The East Wind with the theme of "Book It".  We want to see either book themed images, book pages or text on your project. No shortage of books here.  I used to love to walk to the library in the summer and get lost among the stacks and stacks of wonderful books.  Lucy Loo 'Bookaholic' is the first stamp I ever purchased from The East Wind and she's still one of my favorites.  I've place her in the library, using some freebie bookcases that I'm pretty sure my TEW DT sister Bonnie turned me onto awhile back but I now I can't find her project or the link.  I added some torn text pages and stickers for the sentiment.

Here's a closeup of Lucy Loo 'Bookaholic'. Talk about some fun hair to color! Previously, I colored her as a redhead (big surprise) and this time she turned out a brunette with golden highlights.  All done with Copics.  Kind of matches the warm tones of the tomes behind her and I'm kinda lovin' the monochromatic vibe. Makes me want to curl up with a kitty and a juicy novel as we're finally getting a bit of rain here in CA.  Be sure to check out the fab inspiration of my teamies for this new challenge and can still sneak in our current FB contest "It Started With a Song" which runs through May 17th.


Here's the important stuff:

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! is that some awesome hair or what? great job coloring.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes MAY Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the paper. Your coloring is beautiful!
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs,
    Tina
    TTCRD DT
    Toadally Love To Craft {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun and creative! Thanks so much for stopping by to share with us this week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card - love your colouring

    Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!