Monday, May 4, 2015

HDH May We Have a Quick Word and a Special Announcement


WooHoo!  It's another Macabre Monday and a special day for me as it's my first official post as a member of the RSD MFA EDT on Airless Chambers (the RSD EDT darker blog)!!!!  



I'm thrilled to be joining Rick's amazing team and felt it fitting that the first post in my official capacity be on Airless Chambers, the blog that features the darker side of Rick's amazing images.  I've often used them for my Haunted Design House DT projects in the past and our new challenge at HDH, which starts today, is May We Have a Quick Word, meaning use a word or text in your project, or complete your project in one day or less. 



As you might guess from the fabulous image, Los Tres Demonios, available in Rick's Zibbet Shop HERE, my project took more than a day (even to color). It was all kinds of fun, though and I'm really pleased at the results, using a mixture of Copics and Prismacolor pencils.  I've fussy cut, double matted in yellow, orange and black and popped it onto my fave flames pic from the net that I printed and actually burned the edges off with my trusty lighter.  The word is WELCOME, cut with the Haunted mini alphabet die from QuicKutz.  It now hangs on my craft room door (my own private version of HELL since it's such such a disastrous MESS!  LOL)

Be sure to check out the Minion's fab makes for our May challenge HERE and if you fancy amazing images from creepy, to cute, to downright gorgeous, be sure to visit Rick's Zibbet Shop HERE  and Etsy Shop HERE.  Also, check out the new RSD Progressive challenge on Sparkle and Glitter and Rick's May special mini Challenge on the FB Group page (hint, it's Halloween related).

I'm entering this in the new Dream in Darkness ATG challenge, Smudgy Antics ATG and Left of Center using the LOC theme, and Not Just Cards Challenge #18 ATG.

10 comments:

  1. OHHH~Donna! That is one evil looking cycloptic creature!! Awesome, awesome coloring and I still have to look again at all the detail on this!! And burning the edges of paper? Genuis!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Dream in Darkness this month!! And congratz again on your earned spot on Rick's EDT!! Hugs~Nanette, CT member~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratz on Rick's EDT, so awesome! You have mad coloring skills and this crazed demon is no exception. Love the bright colors and such a wicked Welcome sign! Thanks so much for joining our playground at Dream in Darkness!~CT kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that "stamp", and the skulls under his haunches really pop. All reminds me of PMT (or PMS)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well congrats to THEM! Who wouldn't want you showcasing their images your work is always amazing. Cracking image and love how you have coloured it. You are one gorgeous, talented little lady now aren't you! :P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great Donna- love the image and the colouring! Thanks for sharing with LOC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! So striking it will come to my dreams. Love the creepy image and pure, bright colours. Thank you so much for joining Dream In Darkness 1st challenge. hope to see you again ... and again ... and again... :=D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous thanks for joining us at NJC xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work always amaze me! Beautiful colors and enjoy your edt spot!. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I have nothing more I can say about your coloring. Wow!  Come back next month for some more Smudgy Antics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Superb colouring as always my minion sister.... quite cute in a quaint way. Thanks for joining us at SMUDGY ANTICS this month...hope to see you in June. love BDx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!