Friday, May 1, 2015

New Challenge at The East Wind


Our new challenge starts at The East Wind today with the theme of Mother's Day, Add Flowers and the team is using the beautiful new image that newsletter subscribers received for free this month.  Not a subscriber?  Add your email to the box in the upper right hand corner.  This is Aurora Cabbage Butterflies and features her gorgeous traditional Korean Hanbok dress.  I've used digital paper from the new May Gecko Galz Club Kit which to me had an Asian feel.



Here's a closeup of the fabulous image that was so much fun to color.  I've used mainly Copics with a bit of Prismacolor pencils for additional shading.  I Googled Hanbok dress and chose one of the many vibrant color combos I saw.  Sooo beautiful!



For the bouquet aspect of the challenge, I chose some acrylic stickers I'd been hoarding forever. They are mirrored so they were a bit difficult to photograph but they looked like cherry blossoms to me and I especially love the delicate branch in the top right corner.  I left off the Mother's Day greeting as I sadly have no mother's left to send cards to, but I think it would be a lovely card for any occasion.  Please visit The East Wind to see my teamies' versions of this wonderful new image.  Can't wait to see what you create.


Here's the important stuff:

7 comments:

  1. soooo pretty!!!! And so very sorry I'm so suck about visiting people that I love! I will mention it on FB but don't come on the blog often even though I totally love reading everyone's comment.... so here's my try at being a better friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies





    1. Awww, so appreciate this Sweetie! I know you've got a lot on your plate. Thanks so much!


      Delete
  2. woow .. awesomee.. love the beautiful coloured image, that 2 cute corners and sakura embellishments <3 <3 <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lovely image, and a very pretty card, Donna! We're so glad you joined us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Donna. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, and your coloring on the skirt is AWESOME!!! Super job! I just took a Copic class that concentrated on this subject, and I have to say, I have a looooong way to go, lol! Thanx so much for playing along with us Donna, we appreciate your support at CC&CC. Hugs, Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!