Thursday, February 9, 2017

Glamour Puss


Yup!  Another cat, from Sandra Caldwell, no less.  Meet #1395 Glamour Puss, Just added to the shop at the sale price of $1.50 for use in the Glamour Gals contest going on now in the Sandra Caldwell Stamp fans FB Group.  Isn't she a hoot?  My first thought after seeing that LOOOONG ciggie and square pillow was 1950's Rat Pack Era.  Vegas or Palm Springs maybe, eh?  So she just had to be glitzy.  (I'll tell you about the coloring in a minute.)  I dug out a very old DCWV Glitter stack with a major retro vibe and used the negative of a die cut I'd used on Monday's project (no, I obviously don't clean up after myself or throw things away.  They often come in handy.)  Glamour Puss is spelled out in black Alpha Beads (the term makes me giggle, my Mom used to use it all the time) and I've added a slightly altered the lyrics from a Johnny Mercer song (from 1937, but Frank Sinatra really popularized it in the 50's.)



So here's the closeup of my happy little accident with Glamour Puss.  I wanted all of her accessories to be glitzy so I used both silver and gold metallic gel pens but while I was coloring her pillow, I accidentally started coloring her leg gold. CRAP! (I was on the phone, what can I say?  Don't you multitask?)  Anyway, I tried to wipe it off (too late) and if this ever happens to you DO NOT try to color over with your Copics because they sort of melt and smear the gel ink and it gets all over your tip and essentially ruins it unless you immediately douse it with alcohol or Blending solution (guess how I know?)  

Then I tried to sort of white it out with a white gel pen and it got sort of interesting.  I'd colored the white in little circles and the gold sort of showed through leaving an unusual texture that was kinda cool, so I continued coloring Glamour Puss in gold and went over it with the white until she looked like she's just had a curly perm.  In any case, she sort of glows when the light hits her which I'm sure she'd just adore.

You can check out all of the discount stamps (for a limited time) at Sandra's Etsy shop HERE.  And be sure to stop back for the new release tomorrow.  Just another reason to love Fridays.

I'm entering this in the DL.Art February Linky challenge, SUYP Kitty Love (she obviously loves herself!  LOL), FAb 'n' Funky Wild About You (I think she's a pretty wild cat and she's obviously wild about herself.). Moo-Mania Music (inspired by the song "Too Marvelous for Words"), Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers "O" is for Outrageous and Cards und More Pets and other Furry Friends.


18 comments:

  1. A fantastic motif and I love how you used it! Fantastic card! Thank you very much for joining us at Moo Mania & More!
    That is much appreciated!
    hugs
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a "glam" card :-) I love when I can use scraps or cut outs from other projects. It's such a help on a new one!
    Lena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, certainly a glamour puss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look on that kitties face! Such a fun card! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well - I think your 'happy accident' with the gold leg worked out really well and the curly white was an inspurr-ation. LUV this image and your card designis purr-fection :-D I do not clear up nor throw away either LoL
    Thank you for purring over to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.

    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you certainly changed a near-disaster into a happy accident, your glamour puss looks gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful card.

    Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, your card is puuuurfection (little accident or no) Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Happy Mistake turned out beautiful. I love the texture of the fur. Fun sentiment. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a great mistake cuz your card turned out AWESOME - thanks for joining us at Cards und More xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so lovely! Always love kitten ♥ Thanks so much for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for *O* is for Outrageous!

    Majo - DT ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Un cute card. thanks for the participation on the challenge of card ans More. Hugs Margrit

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is super meow-velous!!
    Thanks for joining Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers for O is for Outrageous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much to love about this card! Your colouring is one of those fab accidents that I think turned out better than if you'd planned it! And sometimes I don't even have to be multitasking to mistakenly colour something a step too far. @_@ Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going to rename your blog to "Adventures in Coloring!" You always have the best images and stories. You have the best words. Bigly. Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!