Saturday, February 25, 2017

(What should have been) a Quickie for the Outlawz CAS


Although this card should have taken 15 minutes TOPS, I couldn't decide on colors.  Really?  It's a frickin' card base, mat and die cut.  What's WRONG with me!?!  The Outlawz CAS challenge calls for a "romantic theme" and I'm sort of Valentine'd out so I used my adorable new Die-versions Lovely Kids die and made a card that could be an anniversary card or just a sweet "I love you".  The embossing folder is an old Quickutz and the sentiment is computer generated.  I originally started with a black silhouette but it seemed too harsh.  I switched to kraft but it didn't look right with the white.  Changed the mat to cream and then couldn't decide on a base until I found some long lost burlap cards so there ya go.  I kind of like the added texture.

I'm adding this to the DL.Art February Linky challenge, Simon Says Wednesday AG and Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #52 AG.

5 comments:

  1. I hate when that happens. I've lost so much paper that way - just winds up in the trash. Your final product is very pretty, though, you finally got there! Love the little embossing that seems to hug the couple.

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card. I love the look of the embossed background. For all your troubles, it looks great. Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Donna! The image is adorable & the embossed background is lovely.
    I feel your pain Donna! Been there many times lol.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous CAS card Donna and you are right the card base you chose fits perfectly!
    xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!