Monday, June 15, 2015

Ode to Nature at The East Wind


Our new challenge at The East Wind is Ode to Nature and I knew exactly what image I wanted to create with.  This beautiful gal is called Aurora 'What Matters'.  She seems to be at peace and communing with nature in her mind.  I don't practice yoga but perhaps I should if this is the result.  Could she be more serene?  The card is made with Spellbinders Grand Labels One, the butterfly is also Spellbinders and the sentiment is a very old Sizzix die.  I have her floating in the clouds via DP from MME.



I've colored Aurora with Copics and Prismacolor pencils. Looking closely at the digi, I noticed it was drawn as if the flowers were translucent, almost a figure of her imagination so I colored them that way, like you could see her hair right through them.  Clearly, she looks as though she is somewhere else in that blissful meditative state.  I need to take a lesson from her, for sure.  It's been a stressful week and this is just the first of 4 posts that will be coming shortly. Please come back to see the rest of what I've been up to and check out the fab makes by my DT sisters at The East Wind.


Here's the important stuff:

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous!! Thank you for joining our 'Anything Goes' Challenge #34 at Art by Mi Ran challenge blog.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge and good luck at the draw ;)

    hugs,
    ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!