Tuesday, June 16, 2015

June bugs, Gems and Gew Gaws at HDH




Okay, so I'm a day late with my Macabre Monday post (actually 2 weeks and a day, but who's counting?) because yesterday was so damn BUSY!  Three posts did me in, so lucky HDH gets it's own day to remind you of the current challenge called June bugs, Gems and Gew Gaws.  (Hey, I don't write 'em, I just do 'em.) So in case you haven't guessed, I did the bugs and gems part (although I suppose you could call my project a gew gaw as it is totally decorative and non functional).  The fabulous digi is called Emerging and is from Delicious Doodles, now called ArtiDoodles on Etsy because of the evil VAT laws and a long story.  She's colored with Copics, fussy cut and mounted on a piece of palm tree bark that I picked up on a morning walk ('cause I thought it might come in handy some day and today is the day) on which I've added black gem swirls from Recollections.  She's got fancy gem eyes, too.  Black Alpha Bead letters were strung on a wire and also glued to the bark and a mossy and lichen encrusted twig was added to the base.  (Yes, I walk with my head down.  Never know what you might find) And TaDAA! 

Be sure to check out the fabulous makes by my Minion teamies and come play along.  Remember, we don't do cute, though.  Capisce? (Capeesch for you non Italian speakers.  LOL)

I'm entering this in the Delicious Doodles Dark Side only FB Challenge, Left of Center using the LOC theme, Sisterhood of Crafters Going Buggy, the Delicious Doodles Blog Hop and ATG Challenge and Dream in Darkness June ATG.

10 comments:

  1. WOW so unique and totally awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Goin’ Buggy’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous piece of work. How clever to use the palm tree bark for the background. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "Goin' Buggy" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeee this image and you do awesome art <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really awesome Donna! Love the natural substrate, gorgeous! So creepy wonderful. Thanks so much for joining us at Dream in Darkness!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very creative! Thanks for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, this is so amazing!! Love that tree bark I do that all the time! LOL And she/he is so beautiful!! AWesome Job! ~Thanks for playing with us at Dream in Darkness this month! ~Nanette, CT~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna what a fantastic creation thanks for joining Delicious Doodles this month xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, what a stunning creation you have made here which fits perfectly the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week of “Anything goes Blog Hop”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I've always loved this image, it's so strange and different and I love it, :D. You have created a perfect piece from it/her(?). Those eyes and texture ...
    Thank you for playing Dream in Darkness second challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The palm tree bark makes a great background texture and colour too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!