Saturday, October 12, 2013

Stitching Real or Faux at Lacy Sunshine


Here's my second entry for the Lacy Sunshine Stitching Real or Faux Challenge.  A couple of weeks ago, on the Lacy Sunshine Facebook Page, Heather had a little challenge to suggest new Sticky Wings Characters and I suggested Candi Corn and WON (scroll down in the New Digis section to find her)!   Isn't she just the cutest?  Of course I had to use her.  I made a treat card using packaging from a tape roll and filled it with Candy Corn, of course.  I used my Spellbinders Grand Circles and Scallops to cut the mats.


I printed the image several times, colored her with Copic, fussy cut and popped to give her more dimension. I also added some faux stitching to the candy she's sitting on, Stickles to her petticoat and Glossy Accents to her eyes and the candy on her bows.  I wrapped some ribbon around the packaging and did a multi colored bow.  Finished it off with some adhesive beads and more faux stitching. 


Inside, I laminated some chipboard cut to fit the slots of the packaging to allow for removal of the candy.  It's awfully heavy, so next time I'll do a bit more reinforcing to the card itself, but I still think it turned out cute, don't you?

I'm also entering this is the Craftitude Things Beginning with the Letter "S" (Sticky Wings, Sweets), Crafty Catz Halloween, Digi Haven Halloween, Jo's Scrap Shack Funday Friday Favorite Technique Challenge (fussy cutting and popping images)C.R.A.F.T. Autumn/Halloween/Thanksgiving, Craftin' Boutique Halloween, Paper Crafting Journey Halloween Colors, By Lori Designs Black, Orange + One, Paper Pretties Halloween, Ribbon Carousel Halloween, and TTRCD Oct 8th ATG.

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your won, she really is a cutie and I love your candy treat card, fabulous idea, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this just the cutest, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a SWEET project! Love it! Great colours and the digi is very pretty.

    Like the non scary halloween project the best...

    Thank you for joining our Halloween Challenge at Crafty Catz
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, this is soooo fun! What a great treat. Love it! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute image thankyou for joining our challenge this fortnight at Craftitude. Good luck Fiona dt. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Congrats on the Candy Corn idea...she is adorable and I will do check her out. Thanks for sharing this fun card with us at Digi Haven for our Halloween challenge. - Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun treat holder and your coloring of the image is great. Thanks for joining us at By LORi Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely LOVE this. You are incredible at crafting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. She brings a huge smile to my face. She is delightful and you have truly brought her to life and let her little personality shine through. I love the way you have included the candy corn inside the packaging. So creative and fun. Thanks for joining our S is for ... Challenge at Craftitude this fortnight. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Donna, she is sooooo cute, I love Lacy Sunshine images! I love how you've fussy cut and added dimension to her too. You know, In Oz, we don't have candy corn (or Pumpkin pie), do they have corn in them lol??? I would love to try these things one day, they must be good if Americans love them so much! Thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey, XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so need a dress like that! Lovely little lady in beautiful colors. Saaweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!