Saturday, October 26, 2013

Lacy Sunshine Fall Colors Challenge



Just under the wire for the Lacy Sunshine Fall Colors Challenge.  Back with the deets in a minute.  Ha!  I actually had an hour yet.  Well, time always flies when you're having fun and I sure have fun with these images.   Decided to do a Twisted Easel and I think this may be the first I've done.  the DP is K&Co and the leaves are an ancient punch.  the mats for the image and sentiment are Nesties Labels Seventeen.


I've used the adorable Autumn Melancholy Moppet (scroll down to find yours).  The expression on her face just tears at my heart strings.  She's obviously missing her love.  I've colored her with Copics and added a few brown adhesive pearls to her hair and hatpins.  (Don'tcha just LOVE her hat?)



While coloring her, the beautiful song "Autumn Leaves" kept running through my mind so I used the lyrics for my sentiment.    My favorite version is by Eva Cassidy. (Sorry about the Russian text, I liked the slide show)

I've added some Recollections flowers and a plaid fiber bow to finish it off.  Hope you like.

I'm also entering this in the Outlawz Paper ala Mode ATG challenge, Brown Sugar Autumn, Card Crafter's Circle Autumn Splendour, Shelly's Images Fall Photo Inspiration, Crafting with Dragonflies Nature/Trees/Leaves, and The Paper shelter Easel Cards.

10 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh Donna! I have to say that this is my favorite card this challenge! Your coloring is awesome and the added pearls in her hair are stunning. The leave look so real. Twisted easel with the image off set looks fantastic! Can you tell I just love this? Oh I do I do!!!! big hugs xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your twisted easel card Donna! That image is beautiful and she does look like she is missing someone special! Her eyes are so sad. Love the colors you chose to color her and love the papers you used. The leaves, flowers and ribbon are just perfect. I really liked the song and the slide show-went perfect with this image! And yes, I love her fab hat! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable image, love how you have gussied her up, and love your choice of artist to render the "Autumn Leaves", hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your Top 3 win at Lacy Sunshine Donna! You so deserve it with this beauty. I just love the colors you used on Autumn. Now you can get that Lil Bows Tin Soldier image you love! congrats and hugs! xxxooo
    PS thank you ever so much for leaving me the nicest comment ever! xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo beautiful!
    Really beautiful autumn colors and you get the feeling of rustling leaves directly! Wonderful ..

    Thank you for participating in the TPS challenge this week!
    Good Luck!

    Hug Lena-DT TPS

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great image and well designed placement on the card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Firstly thank you for the sweet melody you shared ..
    Love your creation and the beautiful image there on .
    Thanks for sharing on Card Crafters Circle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you just made it and thank goodness you did . Your image is adorable and your sentiment perfect.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting with Dragonflies this week.

    Hugs Wynn DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely card and image also love the music thanks for sharing with brown sugar this week Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS colors and adorable image. Love the twisted easel style too. I enjoyed the beautiful song :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!