Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Paper Piecing at the Outlawz


The Outlawz Twisted Thursday calls for paper piecing with Sandra Caldwell as the sponsor this month so of course I used one of Sandra's new stamps called #2309 Cat on the Moon.  I really love to paper piece and chose a digi paper from the Outlawz sitewide sponsor We Are 3 from the Warm Sand Collection to give visual texture for the moon.  I shrunk the size and printed the digi paper on regular copy paper and then positioned the stamp on top and printed it again to fussy cut.  

I printed Cat on the Moon twice on Copic paper so I could fussy cut the moon's eye to glue on top. I colored with Copics using the resist technique for the background.  This just involves coloring the background with a number of shades and using a Q-tip dipped in Blending solution (or 91% Alcohol which is way cheaper) and dotting the paper.  The only trick is to let the alcohol dry before adding another dot of alcohol or it all blends in to make a big mess.  The image was cut with a Spellbinders large oval and popped with foam.  Just added some sticker stars and corners and a mat of glitter paper.

I'm adding this to the SUYP (cats only) #31 June challenge, Lil Patch of Crafty Friends#84 AG, Jo's Scrap Shack FFC #239 AG (3/3), Simply Papercraft #58 AG, Simon Says Wednesday AG ... 

6 comments:

  1. Fun image. Great colouring too. Thank you for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome ! Great kitty image and that background rocks Donna :-)
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful fun image and love your background of your card Donna. Thanks for entering Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck and hope to see you again.
    Denise (Owner of LPOCF)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome image I love the way you did your background, too. It really makes the moon pop!Thank you so much for joining us for Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Anything Goes! Good Luck.

    ♥ Mindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!