Friday, June 29, 2018

An Outlawz Trifecta


So I haven't even started my DT project for Mondays post, started shopping for my July 4th party, nor begun to clean for our house guests but I'm still trying to bang out some challenges I want to enter.  Getting down to the wire so when I found the already cut purple doily when looking for my doily dies for the Outlawz Wednesday Sketch Challenge I thought I'd also go for at least the Tuesday Color (and try to remove the Halloween theme the colors have conjured up in my mind, LOL)

I always find great DP with unusual color combos in the K&Co stash and this time was no exception.  I'd just bought a pack of orange flowers at Mike's and added some velvet leaves for more green.  The doily looked sort of lonely so when I found some sprigs of stuff that looked like lavender I checked out Sunday Songs and Rhymes and figured this could work for that too.  I dyed the sprigs with Copic re-inker but them they got lost against the purple doily so I pulled apart some green sprigs and added those as well and tied the bunch with a gorgeous green and orange bow from DL.Art.    I think that addition made this work for Sunday Songs and Rhymes, too.  WooHoo!  I cut down and inked a hang tag from a recent dress purchase and stuck a Graphic sticker on the back.  The twine is also from DL.Art.  Yikes!  Almost forgot the bling twist for Tuesday Color so I added two gems to opposing corners (helped with the sketch, too) and a row on the tag.  YAY, ME!

I love playing on the Outlawz Forum as there are 7 new challenges each week plus a monthly Freebie Progressive challenge.  Lots of fun, inspiration and prizes.


So here's the sketch. 


And here's the color board.

And here's the song.  How did I do?

"Lavender's blue, dilly, dilly,
lavender's green,
When I am king, dilly, dilly,
you shall be queen"

5 comments:

  1. It is fabulous Donna, and wow, 3 challenges in one! Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same boat....responsibilities...nah....cards...yes. For that reason, the roast is a little brown on the bottom. Love your card! The colors and flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card with fabulous details.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!