Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Jezzie's Christmas Card to Daddy


My kitties love to give cards to their Daddy, but Mommy doesn't always finish on time.  In fact, this year Mommy didn't finish ANY of her planned cards on time because...well, because...  

I'm usually in a tizzy right up until the BIG DAY and this year was no exception, but I get hit HARD with the Christmas spirit AFTER the big day which lasts until...(ummm, Easter?)  Well, maybe not this year, we have a wedding to go to in Florida, but certainly at least until Valentine's day.  What can I say?



The adorable image is Christmas Lights Kitty from Aurora Wings available HERE on AW.com and HERE on Etsy (only $2.00!).  Jezzie says it looks just like her because she's so fluffy and I tried to capture that with my Copics.  I added a bit of highlight to the bulb with my white Prismacolor pencil and the glow was done with chalk.  Although I'm sure tangling the lights would be Jezebel's dream, she's actually a good girl and only uses the "big tree" as a hidden napping spot.  She doesn't bother the ornaments at all and fortunately hasn't hacked up a hair ball on the tree skirt so far.



Here's a pic of the little fur ball investigating one of Mommy's new artist made kitties (specifically commissioned to look like her).  She seems to be eyeing the competition and wondering who shrunk the cat.



Hmmm... let's move in for a sniff.  I dunno...  Well, Jezebel is pleased with her card, at least and hopes Mommy will remember where she puts it for next year, unlike the birthday card I made for Daddy in July, never to be found again.

I'd like to mention that our Anything BUT a Card Challenge is still going strong on the AW Challenge Blog until Saturday January 13th and you can enter up to 3 times if you use an Aurora Wings image.  Also, there's a little New Year's surprise from Mitzi, special contest (all you have to do is COMMENT) where you could win $30 in AW stamps and Coupon in the AW FB Group so if you aren't a member yet, you might want to join. (And hurry, this ends Jan 7th!)



There's always lots going on at Aurora Wings, so here's how to keep up.


Aurora Wings Challenge Blog (New challenge runs through Jan.13, 2018)

7 comments:

  1. You sound like me, Donna! I get hit with inspirations once Christmas festivities are over with. Well, with all that social stuff going on, I have not been able to do cards in so many years... This card is absolutely precious! Beautiful coloring on kitty's fur and the lights - chalk for the glow is brilliant! The combination of these papers look so cute and fun, too. And what an awesome little Jezebel there! :D I can just imagine how fun it must have been for you to watch her reaction to the mini-Jezzie. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great colouring esp on the fur and those glowing lights - fabulous. Thanks for sharing your work with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant fur colouring, such a cutie card.
    Faith
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card Donna, I love the fluffy texture and those lights rock! I think we all get hit with the pre Christmas panic when all creativity goes out of the window!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooo cute card!
    love this image!
    oh adorable kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha - well I don't think the kitties will hold it against you for not doing Daddy's cards LoL The mini Jezzy is amazing :-D
    I really love how you do the fur on your images :-)
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card! It is adorable! And your kitties are so pretty!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!