Sunday, April 10, 2016

I'm on a ROLL!


Okay then, 3 days of rain has me crafting up a storm (Ha Ha!  I made a funny). There's a number of challenges I don't want to slip by and it's rare I'm able to play wherever I want, so this is my second post of the day.  Yea, ME!  Here's a circular shaped card I've made using my Spellbinders Grand Circles and Scalloped Circles.  I chose the shape for the Outlawz Monday Greetings Absolutely No Corners Challenge (which ends TODAY!).  The adorable image is Faery Ink's Maggie Flower which I chose to enter the Faery Ink April Flower Power FB Challenge.  I made it a birthday card to enter the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Happy Birthday Challenge and the Aud Sentiments Sixth Birthday Challenge (congrats to these two fine companies).



I did something a little different with Maggie Flower.  Faery Ink Stamps come in a number of digital formats and for this one, I used the totally transparent png format to print my images directly over digital paper, from AMBillustrations, so I could print multiples for fussy cutting, paper piecing and layering.  I changed the size several times  in order to stagger the petals and also printed her on white, so I could color the leaves and her face with Copic markers.  I can't believe that the smallest layer was the exact size of the epoxy ladybug sticker I used over the printed image.  WooHoo!




Here's the dimensional shot.  I'm actually not quite sure how many times I printed her to get the full effect, but there was a whole lot of fussy cutting going on.  Gotta say I had a ball with this and really, really REALLY love how it turned out.  Hope you do too.

I'm also adding this to Come and Get it Bright Colors, Dare2BArtzy April Polka Dots, Lil Patch of Crafty Friends ATG, A Beautiful Mess ATG, the Stamping Boutique Flowers, Creative Corner Flower Power, TTRCD April 5-11, Sasayaki Glitter April Shaped Cards, Come and Get It Bright ColorsInspiration Destination ATG, Our Crafty Corner ATG, Sweet Stampin' Paper Piecing and Crafting With Friends ATG.




Photobucket


19 comments:

  1. The layering and dimensions are so awesome and unique. It is quite magical! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Happy Birthday” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the dimensions and the colours a fab! Thanks for taking part in our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.
    Tracy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant what a fabulous technique,so effective love the dotty papers and the cloud back ground,love it Debbs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shape, layering, and coloring. Great job. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a cute digital image. I love that you showed us the layering picture. This is really cute and the colors are great. Very nice card. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable. Love all the layers in the flower. Thanks for joining the Dare 2B Artzy polka dot challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very cute. Love all the layers in your flower. Thanks for joining us at A Beautiful Mess for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sasayaki Glitter, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow soooo cute. Love the colors and everything. Thanks for joining us a Our Crafty Corner.

    Deni Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card, thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin'. Debbie X

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a lovely card you have made there.
    I really like the colours you have used.
    THank you for taking part at
    CREATIVE CORNER CHALLENGES
    Love Mel

    ReplyDelete
  12. arggghh superb colouring.. love the 3d effect of the image.. awesome card.. Thank you for joining our 31st challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.. and Good Luck at the draw..

    hugs,
    ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, this is so cute and really pretty. I love the paper-piecing and your bright paper choice. This is perfect for our 'paper-pieced' challenge this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh that is so so cute! Such a sweet image and fabulous card. Thanks for dropping your beautifully paper-pieced card into our Sweet Stampin' challenge this week! It's utterly perfect for our theme. Come back and play again soon. Hugs, Wends x Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sasayaki Glitter, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Greatcard ! Lovethe 3D effect ! Thanks for playing along at Sasayaki Glitter !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for sharing your project and entering our Challenge at A Beautiful Mess.
    I hope you can join us again for our next Challenge.
    Angie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!