Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dilly Beans for the Bah! Humbug! Snowman Challenge


This week at Bah! Humbug! the challenge is snowmen. I LOVE snowmen! The problem was choosing which snowman to use. I really love the framed snowmen in the Dilly Beans shop. They're as cute as can be, easy to color and the framing pretty much finishes the card for you so I decided to use Framed Snowman #2 because of his sweet stocking cap. He's colored with Copics to match the Peppermint Forest DP from J's last year and I added some Star Dust Stickles for a little bling. I think pastel Christmas cards are just YUMMY, don't you?

To add a little dimension, I printed my snowman 3 times and fussy cut his nose, the end of his cap and the little heart (twice) and popped them. All I needed were a few mats, a sheer ribbon and some adhesive pears and Voila! Really simple, but cute enough that I may just make a whole set with the rest of the framed snowmen from Dilly Beans. BTW, the Dilly Beans Designer and Challenge Blog is coming in December! WooHoo! And remember, there are only a few more challenges left at Bah!Humbug! before the Humbuggers take their holiday break so be sure to stop by and thank them for helping you get your holiday cards under control. I'm also adding this to the Whimsical Wednesdays Anything Goes Challenge because I seem to be running a bit behind there. There's still some time left for that challenge, and the new one from this past Wednesday is Thanksgiving. See ya there!

23 comments:

  1. OMGoodness! I KNOW! Aren't they adorable. I think I purchased all of them, lol. LOVE this card Donna and the soft colors are wonderful! Love the dimension you added. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I've just about forgotten how to make cards so I'll be back real soon for a refresher course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, great colors with wonderful dimension :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Donna, he is just adorable, love the way you popped his nose

    .. LOL.. no, I am not a wine drinker..
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute, Donna!!! Love the nose!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donna,
    What a super cute take on the snowman theme. Great colours and layout and I love the decoupaged nose.
    hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS job with your card Donna, SO SWEET!Great image and LOVE the layers,Just AMAZING my friend!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol...only you, oh queen of layers, would think to layer a stamp! It looks amazing. I just ordered a santa stamp (not a stamper, but loved the image) that these techniques would look fabulous with. Such a cute card and a fabulous idea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the layers! and i just visited the shop, and i'm loving the digis.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cute and different snowman image, I have not heard of them before.

    Colleen
    Guest Designer
    Bah! Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That image is so cute! I love the soft, pretty colors you used =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great take on the theme - super card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so cute! I like that the snowman is more of a "head shot" than full body, and the pop up carrot and heart. You know how I love dimension! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just too cute! I love the snowman image and great colors. Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A for Adorable, B for Beautiful, C for a Cheerful little snowman. I love that carrot nose big time.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those colours and wonderful card x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Donna, this is one of the coolest Christmas Cards I've seen! Fabulous job!!! And I love the pastel colors! Thanks so much for joining us at Whimsical Wednesdays!
    hugs,
    joni

    ReplyDelete
  18. Snow cute! Love his funky hat and the great layering!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh dear gosh! I crazy love this fantastic card! The hat is amazing... as is the rest of the image. The design is perfect, the colors exquisite, and the ribbon and pearly accents are stunning. My goodness! :o) Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh that snowman is just beyond adorable and I love the layering of the carrot nose and heart.. where do you come with this stuff?..LOL
    another fantastic card Donna..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  21. As always you've taken our simple theme and made something special. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know I tried to comment on this before so if I already have ignore this one haha. This is so vibrant and gorgeous and just lovely x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!