Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Bah!Humbug! Die Cut Challenge and the Return of The Cuttlebug Spot


Well, I'm afraid to say I've missed the last two Bah!Humbug! challenges but I couldn't let another go by. I've been trying the last few weeks to balance my life a bit which has been tough on me and my crafting. This week the ladies of Humbug Hall chose Die Cuts as the challenge. Now normally I'd do a Cricut project, but in honor of the return of The Cuttlebug Spot I opted to use my new Tim Holtz Festive Greenery die and make a tag. These dies to work in the Cuttlebug, but you need to have the Sizzix extended platform and cutting plates to use them (in the Big Shot as well, BTW). Although I have decided to retire from the Cuttlebug Spot DT, I hope to participate in challenges whenever possible. I want to thank Nilda for all of her hard work and the fabulous opportunity to be on such a wonderful team and say "Hey!" to the talented teamies who chose to stay on. The challenge this time is Anything Goes. They will be bi-weekly now and will not necessarily require embossing, but I have so many folders (many that I've acquired since we went on hiatus in April and have yet to use) that I'm pretty sure I'll be embossing anyway. I've used the Tim Holtz Sheet Music folder on my project today. All of my die cuts were actually cut in a medium green card stock and I've used Copics and Distress Inks to color and shade them. The pine cone is also embossed with the Cuttlebug Tiny Mosaic folder. The adesive metal letters are from M's and I've added a few beads for holly berries and a ribbon tie for my stash. As I'm just squeeking in for Bah!Humbug! again (sorry ladies) you'll probably have to wait for Friday's new challenge, but you have nearly two full weeks to join in at The Cuttlebug Spot so I hope to see you there.

16 comments:

  1. That's a pretty tag....sounds like life is hectic for you lately. My hectic has lasted about two years...hope yours passes quicker. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful Tag Donna! I love how you've layered the greenery!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so pleased that the Cuttlebug spot is back - probably would have missed it but for your post Donna so thank you so much.
    Fab tag by the way - hope things are settling down a bit for you.
    Take care
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna! How great that you have joined us in this way, so you can be on the team a little as well!

    You have done a very good job on this tag, I love it! I should try and make some, they are simply gorgious!

    Thank you so much for joining us again at the Cuttlebug Spot and good luck!

    Jannie XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tag. I never think to make my own at Christmas. Thanks for joining in at the Cuttlebug Spot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, very pretty tag! I really like the greenery die. I've been tempted to try a couple of these but wasn't sure about using them in the Cuttlebug. Thanks for the tip! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna,
    Wow, love your stunning tag, the tartan ribbon is perfect and I love the Tim Holtz new die, I have just received mine and now have can't wait to try it out, thanks for the inspiration. Have a great weekend. hugs Jodie from Oz :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy gorgeous tag, Miss Donna!!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I try to get around to many, as well, but have the same trouble hitting them all...so I make an effort to comment back on everyone who leaves a comment, and then visit the others if I have extra time (which somehow never seems to happen these days!) So appreciate you taking the time to come visit...and here I am, returning the favor. xoxoxox Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great tag! And, thanks for introducing me to 2 new challenge blogs I didn't know about! My goal this weekend is to get to work on my Christmas cards, so the Bah! Humbug! site is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey sweet donna, this little tag has a lot going for it...it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the tag!! i hope that you achieve balance in your life soon. i always love to see what you create : ) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful... I just don't think there is anything you can't do and you do it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! The letters look great and I love the leaves cuts.

    Great job! I've been off balance wayyyy too much in favour of work these past few weeks. Glad I got to come and have a sticky here though.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous tag Donna - love that die!
    Thanks for joining us at the Cuttlebug Spot!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. How pretty is this? I swear, Donna, I see something I need in every single one of your posts. This can't be a good thing. Now you've got me eyeballing that TH die.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!