Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy "B" Day




Sorry guys, I hope you don't feel too neglected. I've been working furiously on my BBTB DT card for next week and it's proving to be quite the challenge. Unfortunately I won't be able to post that 'til Mon. so I managed a quickie cuttlebug card inspired by the letter "B". (Sounds like Sesame Street. LOL) Besides, since finding out I'll be joining The Cuttlebug Spot DT as well I've been stocking up on all things that will help me there. I really want to try to use as many CB folders and techniques when doing those cards because that's really the point, don't you think?(Good excuse, huh?)
I cuttled the DCWV background paper with the birthday folder which isn't that easy to see in the pix but I kinda like the look. The B is cut from Plantin Schoolbook and I used the Spots and Dots folder on it because it reminded me of the pattern in the paper. I took a few scraps that matched and cuttled a few words again from the Birthday folder and cut them out with my new Nesties long rectangles, backed the "happy" with a coordinating scallop and attached the "day" to the present. That die/emboss combo is new to me too. I cut and cuttled the bow a second time and layered it with a button. Did a bit of popping as well. I think this card is pretty gender neutral even though the button is a flower, don't ya' think? Anyway, I'm pleased it went together so quickly. Gotta love that Cuttlebug! BTW, this week's challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot is to use some bling. There's still time to play along. Hope to see you soon.

8 comments:

  1. Ooooooh, I love all the bright colors Donna! You're a whiz with the CB...congrats on making the DT!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, this is NICE!!! so much texture and it all comes together so nicely; and the colors make it stand out! Congrats on being in teh DT of Cuttlebug Spot. I partcipated for my very first time in this week challenge -- I was so excited when i was done posting it on my blog - excited because i could see myself using my cuttlebug MORE, which means more folders to my small collection :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a HAPPY card! The letter B never looked so cheerful! I love all the bright, bold colors! Looks like your Cuttlebug has been working overtime, girl! I like how you used just some of the words from the Happy Birthday folder... very resourceful! And you have officially enabled me to get those Nesties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just darling Donna! I love the embossing over patterned paper...great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous.. i love these bright colours... this would be great for male or female you are right.... congrats again... Crafty hugs tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card! I think it is beautiful. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful as always! It's so cheery! Congrats on making the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna, just to let you know I have nominated you for a blog award, you can get it at: http://thesecretworldofacraftaholic.blogspot.com/
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!