Monday, October 16, 2017

New Challenge at Aurora Wings


WooHoo!  New challenge at Aurora Wings with the fun and exciting theme of


You know this is one of my faves, but you need not be as creepy as I've been.  Any Halloween, or dark fantasy image is fine (even creepy cute).  But I just couldn't resist goring up the gorgeous Siren, available HERE on AW.com and HERE on Etsy.  I first became a little obsessed with the idea of a "blood moon" and looked up images to serve as a background on Yahoo.  I colored that first, in case I screwed up.  Filling in an entire background takes a bit of time, and I found that stepping away every so often and continuing to layer colors as needed kept me from tossing it in the bin.  After all that work, I decided that I would keep this rather CAS but couldn't resist adding the tiny Bat Confetti from Um WOW.  Had to use tweezers and a toothpick to apply the glue but I think they added just the right touch.



As for the gorgeous Siren, here's a closeup.  She's shaded with Copics in grayscale with a bit of the R 20-29 on her embellishments.  I love that Mitzi is open to creativity with her images, so I made her live up to her macabre legend by cropping the skeletal part of Ghost Bride's face and sizing it to fit.  I later decided that the hands caressing the skull from Secret Kisses would really complete the picture so I went back to my printing program and flipped and sized them accordingly, then fussy cut them to add to the scene.





The sentiment was computer generated and cut and embossed with a Cuttlebug Emboss Plus folder, then inked with Distress and stamped with the Inky Dreams rubber set by Smeared Ink (NLIB, sniff, sniff), my "go to" for blood splatter.  Beware, indeed!




Finally, I glittered her up with Stardust Stickles and used Glossy Accents on her eyes, lips and the starfish in her hair (which for some reason is showing pink in the pic at this angle).  Perfect Pearls and Nuvo Drops added a bit more texture.


YAY!  I'm thinking this was just what the doctor ordered to jump start my mojo after a couple weeks of recuperation from our party planning and other events.

Hope you enjoy this fab challenge as much as I did and just so you know, the current FB challenge is Make It Creepy so your entries will work for both.  

Here's how to keep up with what's happening at Aurora Wings.

17 comments:

  1. STUNNING card, Fabulous colouring Donna.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. An AMAZING red/white/black creation, Donna! I'm speechless. I'd say your mojo came back with a vengeance! Everything is spectacular - the concept, coloring, palette, design. This is absolutely my new favorite of yours! Thank you so much for this awesome inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wOW, what a fabulous image and I love the card and all the blood red!!! This card is really over the top of the blood moon. LOL Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack.
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow stunning work. Love it.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally awesome Donna!!! Thanks for joining my DL.ART October LINKY CHALLENGE. Have a blessed day DIANA L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous love the red Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card. Love your background and image is perfectly coloured. Thanks for playing with us at Fantasy/Spiders and Cobwebs challenge at Pile it On. Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super creeeepy awesome! A stunning card. Your details are incredible.
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Rijacki

    TTCRD DT
    Rijacki's Workshop
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing our challenge at CCC Digi Creations. Good luck!
    Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful ...thanxx for sharing with us at Jo’s Scrapshack .
    Sherry Lynn
    DT @ Jo’s

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! This is such a dramatic project. I love red and black as a colour combo but you have used it to such awesome effect here.
    Thanks for stopping by at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is such a gorgeous and creepy image! I love the blacked out eye! Really spooky and the red and black theme gives it an even more spooky!! Thanks for sharing with us at DL.ART October Linky Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning, the colouring is amazing, and all the finishing details make it a fabulous project. Thanks for joining us at the Fairy and Unicorn Challenge this month, Claire DT member

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning! Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Vicki DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Donna! So great to see you back and love your new project! She is so creepy good and love her lots! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Dream in Darkness!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!