Sunday, January 22, 2017

You're a star!


I don't know about you, but the CAS style is really a struggle for me (although my last card HERE turned out to be that way too.  LOL)  I'm kind of a "more is never enough" kind of gal which really poses a problem, so I've been trying to play in the CAS challenge at the Outlawz each week.  I was excited about the Stars theme because it was a chance to use my new Stitched Stars dies from Gina Marie.  Stitched dies in every shape have really become popular but I just got a bunch.  Seems I'm a little late to the party.  I found they coordinated  with my old Spellbinders Stars 5 dies so I ended up using both, the stitched ones to emboss (using the embossing mat and plate so they wouldn't cut through) and the regular ones to cut. The gold one is popped with foam, then I added some tiny sticker stars and sentiment and called it done.  This was made for a congratulations on a new job and inside says "You're a STAR!"

I'm adding this to the DL.Art January Linky challengeCrafty Calender Something New (stitched star dies),Crafty Friends New BeginningsLess is More New Beginnings, Come and Get it No Designer Paper and My Time to Craft Something New.

12 comments:

  1. Well struggle or not you have rocked this challenge with your fab card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great at getting into the CAS style Donna. It's a lovely card and the embossed stitched stars really draw your eye into the solid ones. I know how hard it is to learn CAS, having been a more, more, more girl myself in the past. Personally I may have used a few less stars but your simple colour scheme makes this one work brilliantly. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Donna. I'm sitting here in my craft room looking around-I don't have one card with a white background. The stars really stand out. The foil papers you used are so elegant. I think I will try this technique maybe with hearts for valentines. Have a great day. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday January Linky Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stars are super I love the stitched dies I just used some this am also I love the sparkle you have there also
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes JANUARY Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna - Love your card design. The stars are so pretty. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a super CAS design and really effective - lots of impact with the stitching and metallic gold! Great job of keeping some empty space... I know it's a struggle (for me too!) so well done for a fab design. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :) (Just for future reference we have a limit of 5 challenge entries including ours.) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic CAS card. A wonderful design. I like your use of the two dies, works beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great CAS card and love those new dies! thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue J xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pretty star card! Thanks for sharing with us at DL.ART Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way that you have embossed the stitched stars, Donna - so effective. The limited colour palette keeps it CAS. Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello… Thanks for sharing your card with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your card is lovely... hope you can join us for our next challenge and good luck in the draw.
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, love how you used the silver gold and white stars, they look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!