Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Fa La La La La!


No, I'm not done with Christmas, not by a long shot, especially since I had barely finished decorating on Christmas Eve.  I think that call for an extended celebration, at least until Valentine's day, don'tcha think?.  The thought of taking all that stuff down now gives me a panic attack.  Besides, the Winter Wonderland Challenge at Aurora Wings is still going strong so consider this a little reminder.  I was dying to try my brand new stitched hillside pop up die by Lawn Fawn and created  cute little winter scene using the adorable little Caroling Elves by Aurora Wings.


I added some Magnolia Doohickey die cut trees and a blanket of snow, actually a stitched rectangle (another new die) on the base for a little more weight and a place to write a greeting.  I've had the blingy "fa la la la la la" in my craft drawer FOREVER and thought it was just the ticket here.


Here's a closeup of the sweet little elf trio.  They're colored with Copics in traditional Christmas colors and fussy cut but not popped so the card could close more easily.  Where's the front?  Ummm... would you believe not done yet? I've been a little ADD in all aspects of my life since Christmas and I just couldn't make a decision yet.  Will probably be just traditional DP with a Merry Christmas sentiment since all the fun action is inside.

Again, the Winter wonderland Blog Challenge runs through Saturday January 14th so there's still time to enter (up to 3 times if using an Aurora Wings image, but only once if you're using another stamp).  The winners of the December FB contest will be announced shortly and the new January contest will be starting soon.

Here's how to keep up with all that's happening at Aurora Wings.



11 comments:

  1. One year in my parents' marriage, they didn't take their tree down until April! Your trio of singing elves is adorable, Donna, and I love the way you added your sentiment! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are still in the Christmas Spirit!Your images are colored beautifully, and a love the touch of bling! Thanks for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all for staying in the Christmas mood through Valentine's Day, too. And I love it when my neighbors leave the lights on weeks into the New Year. Winter months would be dreadful without all the decorations. I LOVE seeing this Caroling Elves creation from you, Donna. The way you used the 'fa la la la la' is so cute -- it's like the wind is carrying the elves' singing and spreading cheer. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and design!
    xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bling words and the sweet image in traditional colours. Thanks for sharing with us here at Open -Minded Crafting Fun Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! How adorable is this card! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes with Dies’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow.. this is so cute!!!!! I really love those little carolers! Adorable! Thank you so much for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Dies R Us!
    We hope to see you in our next one too! Happy New Year!
    Hugs,
    Jo-DT
    ♥ Dies R Us Challenges ♥
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card:)! Thank you for entering our ATG Challenge at TTCRD! Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge! Good luck!:)!
    Regards,
    Sunila & Aditi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pop up card. Thank you for joining in the christmas challenge at CHNC Extra.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun Christmas card. lovely....Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create. Sorry I'm so late commenting but have had family issues. Hope to see you again.
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!