Sunday, January 29, 2017

Guest Designing for Outlawz Sunday CAS


It's a busy week for me at the Outlawz Forum as here I am Guest Designing for Sunday CAS, too.  The mission this week is to incorporate bubble wrap into your design.  OOOH, fun!  I grabbed a hunk and hit the Distress Ink, Pickled Raspberry, one I hadn't even opened (and I had TWO, how'd that happen?) and dabbed it on some plain white card stock.  Whoa, kinda bright, but I have tried this technique before and since the bubbles don't all take the color evenly, it helps to have a vivid one.  Cut the center with my Spellbinders Nested Hearts and made the decision to use the negative.  Dabbed the inside of the cut to further define the heart and laid it on a white panel I'd embossed with a tiny hearts Cuttlebug folder (from a Baby set) and then a lighter pink card blank. The sentiment die is from Lawn Fawn.  I actually cut several of them and glued them together for strength.  I wanted a little more pizazz so I decided to pop the mat with foam and laid the sentiment across diagonally, gluing it on either end and the multiple layers made it less likely to tear.  Added a tiny bead to dot the "i" and called it done.

I think I may be getting a hang of this CAS business after all.  Thanks so much to the fabulous CAS team for letting me join them as Guest Designer this week (and next!  Shhh don't tell!)

I'm entering this in the DL.Art January Linky challenge, CAS on Sunday Hearts, and Simon Says Wednesday ATG.

7 comments:

  1. I love it, you did a great job with the bubble wrap.very pretty card. Thanks for joining the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY JANUARY Linky challenge. Have a blessed day DIANA L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fun card! love the background :) Thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Love the background also and it has a beautiful vintage feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW - that is super cool Donna. LUV this.
    Just so you know Darnell has a bubblewrap Challenge too here.http://www.djkardkreations.com/2017/01/nbus-challenge-10.html
    Hugz
    IKE xx

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ike! I'm afraid this was posted the day before her challenge, though. Maybe I can make another. xxx

      Delete
  5. Love your card with the beautiful heart! Thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!