Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Season's Eatings


Okay, I'm not even going to tell you what it took to upload these pix to my computer from my phone because my camera wouldn't load into my dropbox, but it suffices to say that I got NOTHING done today except for this card.  I'm new to smart phones and the actual phone service is hit or miss in my home because we're in some sort of dead zone, so you can imagine I don't use it much, but seriously?  Am I just too old to figure this stuff out in a timely manner? (End of rant, now on to my card)

Speaking of timely, my plan was to use this adorable image, Turkey Dinner, a freebie from Ike on the Ike's World challenge blog, as a Thanksgiving card but it got a bit lost in the queue so I added a wreath made from some of that Tim Holtz wired greenery, added perfect pearls gold berries and a ribbon and VOILA!, a Christmas card.  As a kid, we always had turkey for both Thanksgiving AND Christmas, so it works for me.  I still managed to keep the color scheme as orange green and brown to just slip this in the DL.Art Thankful Thursday color challenge as well, so all was not lost.  Okay, so there's not a lot of orange, but I think the carrots will do here, as had I finished it before Thanksgiving, I would have added DP with a bit more of it.



Turkey Dinner cames as a no background png so I was able to use digital paper from Gecko Galz that reminded me of fancy dining room wallpaper.  I've colored the image with Copics, and added quite a bit of shading and fur detail with Prismacolor pencils and some silver gel pen on the fork.  He looks like my Goliath, don'tcha think?

Of course I'm adding this to the new SUYP (Cats only) Krimbo Kitties Challenge, and also the Outlawz Twisted Thursday Christmas Card Challenge too.

2 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, Donna, this is awesome! Love it! The backing paper you chose is perfect for this hungry kitty! I don't have a smart phone, just an old flip phone, still works fine, we are old-school! Sounds like it was a frustrating day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeee !!! That is just AWESOME !! I love how you put the papers behind to look like the fancy wallpaper (I had some like that a long ways back ). Your colouring is superb - he actually looks fluffy.
    So glad you got to use him and thank you for purring along to SUYP Cats Challenges.

    Sorry about the fone thing - I got one like that from my daughter and I can't even answer the calls LoL Too old for this shenanagins hahahaha

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!