Saturday, July 25, 2015

The Original Morning Goddess


Yeah, that's me, curlers, robe and slippers with a cat at my feet and a cup of??? I'm hosting Sparkle and Glitter today.  Don't I look thrilled?  JK, Just feeling a bit snarky today.  Of course, I love ALL of the RDS Blogs. The image is The Original Morning Goddess by RSD MFA and she's still my fave. Look at that 'tude!  Lots more Goddesses though, in Rick's Zibbet Shop.   Be sure to check them out.  She just begged for a snarky sentiment, don'tcha think? I've made a fairly CAS card because of all the flocking and paper piecing I did.  Just some simple matting, some DP and a few buttons for interest.
  

First she's printed on white card stock, with the computer generated sentiment and colored with Copics. I've flocked the robe by then printing the fabric on pink card stock and running it through my Xyron face down.  I find that even when flocking with a color, having the image colored makes for a more even coverage.  Then I printed the image in white again and fussy cut the cuffs (including the left hand) and tie belt and ran them through the Xyron as well. One more printing for the left hand again, which I colored with Copics and laced it on top, then I adhered the white parts to the pink and then sprinkled the whole thing with white Fun Flock. It softened the pink color a bit and fuzzied up the white as well but the hand had no adhesive so it remained unflocked.  This does mute the digi lines, but you can regain a bit of detail using a fine stylus on the lines and I also used some Prismacolor pencils to add a bit of shading over the flocking.  Don't use your Copics or you'll end up with a mess.



Finally, I colored and fussy cut the kitty and flocked him in gray, but added a fussy cut colored bow before flocking him.  Again, I used a stylus to uncover more of the digi details after flocking.  Then I cut a glitter pom pom in half and kept it together by gluing the cut edge with Glossy accents to add to her slippers. OOps, I almost forgot that I added Glossy Accents to her coffee cup, as well. Such fun details.  Gotta love her.

There's still time left in our July Progressive ATG with an RSD image so be sure to join in so you can get the freebie for the next leg. Always fun stuff going on.


Here are all of the important links:
I'm adding this to the Sparkle N Sprinkle ATG with loose Glitter, Embossing Powder and/or Flocking, Left of Center Use Texture, Crafting with Friends ATG, the Outlawz Monday Greeting Cards Use Buttons and Patterned Paper, Aud Sentiments ATG with a Sentiment, and Creative Knockouts Paper Piecing (all of the flocked elements are paper pieced, just not with patterned paper).

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! I love all the flocking, she looks cozy even if she's got 'tude :) Thanks for sharing with us over at LOC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Donna, I really love this project and thank you for the flocking tut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really? this is charming! You know I always love your art and sense of humor. Fabulous art my friend.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOve RSD images - and I just downloaded a morning goddess one for myself yesterday! Love what you did with her robe and slippers and that snarky sentiment is DElightful! Great clean card with just the super choice of DP and the buttons. More is never more better IMHO! Thank you for sharing your projects and creativity with us at Aud Sentiments Donna!
    ~ginny, Aud Sentiments DT: [#136 – ATG + Sentiment]
    Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! This is hilarious and fantastic!! Love everything about it and am so glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my, this is definitely a morning laugh, gorgeous too. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Love the flocking detail on the robe and cuffs, and those slippers are incredible :) Wonderful job. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle's Anything Goes Creative Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous and wonderful card Donna just love your colouring
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! Love the pom-poms on her slippers!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!