Well, I was all worried that yesterday was gonna difficult to finish my Kickstart Your Art project but didn't think ahead of the aftermath of too much food, wine and fab music (the Eagles). Combine that with a VERY late night and EIYIYI! We're really getting old, I guess, 'cause a I've felt like total crap all day (even after a little "hair of the dog" at lunch). If ever I needed a really easy challenge, today would have been it, but NOOOO....!!! The prompt was TEXTURE! Now you know I love me some texture, but what I had in mind seemed a bit daunting and would require an undetermined amount of drying time. Well, the sooner I got going, the better off I'd be.
Certainly I could have chosen a more visual, rather than tactile texture but I had some mediums I'd really not played with, so I assembled a bunch of stuff and just started to play. Fortunately I had already gessoed a page so I could start right in, after protecting the page underneath from, I didn't know what yet, but didn't want to take any unnecessary chances.
I had some black Sizzix texture paper which I tore and glued to opposing corners using Matte Medium. Then I slathered on some Texture Paste and tried bubble wrap to make impressions. I wasn't impressed so I slathered on a bit more and used my trusty grapefruit bag. OOOH!!! Love it! Wasn't prepared for the bile green tinge, though. You'd think with all the bags I've kept I could have picked up a clean one (how apropos though, considering my sorry state). Well, the color scheme was set, now what to do with that bubble wrap? I flipped it over and stuck it on the page with more matte medium. Kinda blurred the lines between it all with some gesso and shot it with a heat gun which melted and collapsed some of the bubbles. The depressed areas added some nice shine, too. COOL!
Glued on some white corrugated stuff to the corner and added some dry brush color with black gesso and lime acrylic paint.
With all this stuff going on there was really no room to write, so I added a corrugated strip and "texture study" with letters cut with my Cuttlebug. Tried melting some Cling Wrap directly to the page but that didn't work. It melted, alright, but not onto the page so I glued it on with Glossy Accents.
Finally, I dripped some more Glossy Accents down the page in a couple of places to balance the all that matte. Couldn't wait for it all to dry completely 'cause I was so excited to share it. I'm afraid I always take the prompts too literally, but I sure had a ball today. Wow! Only one more day to go. I'm sure gonna miss this but hope to keep it up, at least once a week, with the Smeared and Smudged Art Journal Every Day Group. I'm telling you, there is something for EVERYONE on the Forum and you won't meet a nicer or more supportive and inspirational group. Joining is FREE, just ASK. I promise you'll be glad you did.