Sunday, February 23, 2014

The East Wind Love Challenge


Been spending the week practicing my coloring and found some fabulous new digis at The East Wind.  This amazing gal is 'Lucy Loo' Bookaholic and I've got to say I've never had so much fun coloring hair.  (Well, of COURSE it's red.  LOL)  The very first Challenge at The East Wind Blog is LOVE so I've decided to make a "Love to Read" bookmark.

Lucy Loo is colored with Copics and fussy cut.  I decided not to pop any of the elements so as not to interfere with closing the book.  I've used Spellbinders Labels Seven to cut out the 2 small books that back the sentiment. The punched letters spelling "Read" are from Graphic 45, the text DP is from Stampin'Up.  Thanks to Vicki from the DT for turning me on to these stamps and the Facebook Group where there is lots of fun stuff going on too.  Hope to see you there.

9 comments:

  1. Loving this bookmark, Donna! These new images are great to work with. I have one colored, but not ready to share her yet. Perfect bookmark art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Amazing coloring...that hair is way to intimidating for an amateur colorist like me, but you've nailed it! Wonderful bookmark...perfect image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous.
    Her red hair is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Donna! I would even use this in my e reader as I love it so much LOL!!
    Jackie dt TEW x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh you know how I love bookmarks and this is divine Miss Donna, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome bookmark Donna! I don't think you need to practice your coloring though. lol I think you need to give lessons! Love how you have colored this gal's hair. And of course I love the red hair because I've got redheads in my family-two sons and some grandchildren-love their hair! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing Donna!!! love the image, loving all the 'Lucy Loos'... I think I bought 6 all in!!! hahaha
    I blame Vicky too!!!
    Fabulous bookmark! love it! mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh! what a good idea Jackie C !! I would use it on my e-book lol
    Absolutely gorgeous! Wonderful job Donna!!!Thank you for joining us at TheEastWind challenge no.1 - Unky -

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable book mark! I like your style! Glad I ran into your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!