Monday, June 4, 2012

Smeared Ink Skull Appreciation Day Blog Hop!


Welcome to the Smeared Ink Skull Appreciation Day Blog Hop! If you've arrived from the uber talented Dianne's Blog, you're on the right track. If not, you may wish to click HERE to find out all about Skull Appreciation Day and the fabulous prizes up for grabs for those who participate in the hop. Lots going on today so if you're looking for The Altered Alice, click HERE, Haunted Design House click HERE (BTW, I'm using a Bombshell for that one and it's got a little skull on it too, just sayin'), or BBTB2, click HERE, oh, not yet for that one, but it'll be live at 8:00AM PDT.  Decided to get this show on the road a bit early 'cause it's one LONG hop!  Yea! 

The Smeared Ink Smeared and Smudged Forum is a fabulously supportive and fun community of artists, specializing in alternative, vintage, and Gothic stamping.  Join the forum for more exciting challenges, events and fabulous comraderie, visit Smudgy Antics, the Smeared Ink Challenge Blog, or do a bit of shopping at Smeared Ink (25% off all digi's for a WEEK in honor of the hop, WOOHOO!), it's ALL good! My project was inspired by the Free Skull Appreciation Day Stencil at Skull a Day. 

I decided to do what I do best and create a shaped front card using Cricut Design Studio and my Cricut Expression. The "Love" portion is from the Lacy Labels cartridge with a heart from Graphically Speaking in the "O" spot and a rounded rectangle from George for the back.  (BTW, the "LO" and "VE" are not joined on the cart, so you'll have to weld two "Love's" together and hide the contours of the separated parts to have this work.  Clear as mud?  Well, Cricuteers know what I mean.)  I changed up the "O" a bit and used the retired Love Hurts Heart digi from Tiddly Inks and the Gothic Heart image from Delicious Doodles.

I flipped the skull and printed it twice and fussy cut to pop the skull itself and the upper jaw.  Then I used my MS Graveyard and Drippy Goo punches and some adhesive beads to embellish the letters.  The fab DP on the inside mat is MS too.  So are you having fun yet?  Off you go to Nydia's blog to see the awesome project she's created.
Here's the full hop list just in case you get lost!  Lots of skully goodness going on and the chance for lots of PRIZES so grap a cuppa and start hopping! 




Terra
Tori
Black Dragon
Monique
Helen
Lady Brayton
Fiona
Christine
Jane
Judy
Alison
Susan
Andrea
Smudger Challenge
Laura
Lisa
Kristy
Steph
Glittery Katie
Lisa
Kapree
Ms. Ruin
Kathi
Bombshell Stamps Blog
Dianne
Donna (you are HERE)
Nydia
Lady Coral
Suzi
Julia
Patti
Miko
Renee
Wendy
Christina
Hazel
Skye
Wenchkin
Betsy
Scrapbook Stamp Society
 

36 comments:

  1. Your card is fantastic! I love all the texture and surprise elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna this is sooooo cool, you have been a very busy dark master this weekend, lol hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I need to learn to do all of those tricks so I can do cool things like that. UGH. Yours looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card! Just LOVE it!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so awesome! When I grow up I want to make cards like you.:) I love the color combo, and well, everything else about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your are is dynamic Love it...and your kittys are adorable.Love your blog.
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card fantastic work xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna this is just soooo cool......Love black and red and what a great design .....FAB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is really awesome, love how you made a cricut card so spooky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool card!! LOVE the skull and blood drips!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I've got a cricut I want to learn all these tricks. You make it look so easy! love the cutouts and all the texture Donna. TFS xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that's a project that makes me wish i had a cricut, love everything about it, so cool
    hugs
    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK. This totally rocks. That skull is perfect!!!

    I love the color combo, the lettering, the papers you used, the design...

    Basically, I love it. You should just send it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the card!!! Amazing color coordination, great image... Simply great

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cardrocks. I love how the word love is cut out.
    Hugz,
    Christine Garner

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool card Donna! So creative!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such meticulous work!! I can't imagine how much time you spend layering, but the end result is nothing short of phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Girl, this rocks! I hope one day I can use my cricut half as good as you! I love everything about your card...the color combo, the tombstone border, drippy blood and a bad-ass skull! Brilliant work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely fabulous, as always!!!! Love that drippy blood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Donna this is MARVELOUS!!! I love the L/O and of course your expert use of the cricut machine. You "melded' everything perfectly!
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi Donna, i have added you @ my FB pages... please confirm.. thanks ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. As always Donna your project screams perfection. It looks like it has never been touched by human hands, the faeries must have made it. Gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love your spin with Skull-a-Day's Love graphic! You should be dubbed the Cricut Queen. Awesome drippy blood & way cool skulls!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fabulous card! I love the little gravestones along the sides and I must get that drippy goo punch!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so neat! Totally digging it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cool work especially with the design and colors :)

    affordable seo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Donna,
    How cool is this you used the blogs stencil. I just love how this turned out! And love the drippy goo punch for blood awesome job!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  28. great card! I love the diecut words!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous creation!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  30. You can never go wrong with that drippy goo punch! This is so incredibly cool. I love everything that you make, and this is no exception! Love that you raised up the skull. Awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!