Thursday, May 23, 2019

Aurora Wings New Release Showcase

After a bit of a break, we're back with a fabulous new release on the Aurora Wings Showcase Blog with the first installment of a new line of adorable Sprites.  WooHoo!  I'm also thrilled that although I've guested on the Showcase Blog a time or two (wink, wink) I'm now an OFFICIAL member of the Showcase team!  Thank you so much Mitzi and the DT sisters!  Now it's time to meet the newest Zodiac Sprites!



First let's meet Aries Sprite and Taurus Sprite.  Now certainly these cuties will make fabulous celestial or birthday creations, but I decided to think outside the box a bit and combine them for something a little different.  We walk past a farm with a herd of goats each morning (lots of babies now, sooo cute!) and there are cows grazing all over the hills so I created a little farm scene and couldn't resist some puns for a new home card.  The barn die is from Die-Versions, the grassy hill dies are from Lawn Fawn and the cloud is Spellbinders.



Here's a closeup of Aries Sprite.  I've colored with Copics and tried do do a different treatment on each of the different stars.  This one is supposed to look dimensional.  I had a bit of trouble with the light source here, even while holding a dimensional star and turning it several different ways and eventually came to realize that there is such a thing as too many layers of color with Copics.  LOL  


Okay now, here's Taurus Sprite and he's my FAVE because he's my sign.  Had to laugh a bit when reading the Taurus traits Mitzi cited on the Showcase Blog.  Uh, YEAH!  (But it's HER sign too.  LOL)  Again, Copic coloring but my white gel pen was dry so I couldn't put sparkles on the star. :(




Next in line is Gemini Sprites, the Twins.  I love that Mitzi made it a boy and girl, as my hubby has a twin sister.  This could be used a a birthday card for her from him, or could also be used as an Anniversary card or for a late May-June wedding, don'tcha think?  I used the png version against digital paper here with a digital sentiment.


Again, these cuties are colored with Copics with quite a bit of gold gel pen detail.  I'm afraid it made the laurel wreaths in their hair a bit difficult to see with the hair colors I chose, but there's definitely a little sparkle.




Finally, here's Cancer Sprite, the fourth in this first series of Zodiac Sprites.  I had fun creating a beach scene with papers from Graphic 45, Heidi Grace and BoBunny and some dimensional stickers from JoLee's.


Again, I've colored in Copics and realized after that this is the color crabs turn AFTER cooking.  OOPS!  I tried to make this star look a bit like a starfish.




I know you love 'em, so here's a coupon to go and get 'em, along with any other of Mitzi's fabulous images you fancy.  Good through the weekend in both shops.



And if that isn't enough, looky HERE!  Cool gift with purchase star backgrounds FREE with the purchase of 3 or more of the new Zodiac Sprites!  (Be sure to purchase the PNG versions of the Zodiac Sprites for ease of use with these fabulous backgrounds.)  This is graphic coming up rather small, so be sure to click the pic for a larger version to read the details.



One more announcement for those of you who have been missing our challenges.  Although we've closed the Aurora Wings Challenge Blog, we will resume challenges in June in our Stamps by Aurora Wings FB Group.  Hope to see you there.  xx

10 comments:

  1. Love your projects Donna! They are always so inspiring and beautiful. Your coloring is out of this world as always. So happy we are still on a team together!
    Inky Hugs,
    DT Cristena xx
    My blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your creations Donna ,they are out of this world, and an official welcome to the team . Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to officially welcome you aboard the AW Showcase DT, Donna! (You were pretty much a regular guest on an extended stay there, though... indeed.) You know how we love it when you flex your creative muscles and think outside the box! The new house card is sheer genius, and I love the cute puns to go with farm animals. Your coloring, as usual, is spectacular. The Gemini twins look awesome golden against the pretty starry background. I love how beautiful the duo looks!! Hehe, funny how you mentioned the color of the crab after cooking, as I thought of the same thing when I was trying to decide on the color palette for this guy. But I think he looks just gorgeous the way you colored him - baked in the sun from a fun day at the beach! Thank you so much for amazing inspirations for today's new release showcase at AW. M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet. I love it. Congrats on being a DT member of AW on FB
    Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes MAY 2019 Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    https://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my those are wonderful cards and your coloring is just wonderful as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant cards Donna, always fabulous colouring and GREAT thinking outside the box.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Cards. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the projects you made for this Showcase and adore your colouring on the sprites. Fabulous combo, lots of hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing collection of cards! Great designs.

    Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!