Monday, October 22, 2018

2018 Cat Lovers Hop Day 1!!!


Eiyiyi, I almost missed it.  Today the Cat Lovers Hop begins at Her Peaceful Garden and I just by chance saw a post by one of the fabulous sponsors this morning.  I've had a hard time crafting and blogging (other than DT work) the past couple of weeks and trying to balance my life a bit by staying off FB and doing other things (like the cleaning I prefer to neglect) but I do feel guilty when I'm not supporting my artist friends, and commenting on all of the work, now posted EVERYWHERE, and joining in challenges, and, and, and...  So we'll see how I do here and I apologize for flaking on some of the things I really, REALLY wanted to join in on (you know who you are, sooo sorry!  xxx) but...

So, you can find out about the hop HERE and be sure to sign in HERE to be eligible for prizes, even if you don't want to craft, because there are prizes for just commenting, too.  OOOOH!  And daily prizes for answering questions.  Thank you Janis for putting this all together.



So I thought I might just Hop today for Cat Lovers because I did want to join in the Outlawz Color Challenge which ends TODAY, but I managed to follow their Tic Tac Toe board with a cute Kitty Cat die, from Simon Says Stamp, I've been dying to use, so WooHoo!  I couldn't resist having the kitties both coming and going...ahem ... and added the sentiment because it reminds me of how Jezebel always greets her brother.  No wonder he generally hisses at her when she comes near. 


Here's the board.  Fortunately you don't have to use BOTH the color AND the element, so I've chosen diagonal bottom left to top right, yellow, black, and lace.

I'm also adding this to the DL.Art October Linky Challenge, Simon Says Wednesday Animal Antics, SUYP October #35 Furrything Goes/Meowloween, 2 Crafty Critter Crazies #19 October AG/w critter and Crafty Animals #19 AG w/Animals

30 comments:

  1. So cute with the two cats and the moon. I like the lace trim too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahahaha! Thanks for the laugh!! So fun that you can layer it up for both coming and going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha - this is so funny Donna (although my minds eye already saw kitty bums hahahaha). Great to see you at the Hop having a play. I have missed your gorgeous creations lately and hope the cleaning and boring schtuff won't keep you away too long. Now winter is coming I fully intend to join in some more Challenges..... gotta paint the roof first though before the rain comes :-( xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL... it put a smile on my face! So cute!! Oh Jezabel!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute dies and you positioned them so it's so expressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donna, re the origami cat - I saved it to a document years ago so don't have a link but I'm happy to send you the document with instructions (and pics) just email me mandysea1 at yahoo dot come (the '1' is a numeral)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonus- found that one of the photos had the web addy on it so here it is! http://www.pinkstripeysocks.com/2014/09/origami-black-cat.html Love to see what you do with it!!

      Delete
  7. Hi Donna!! I have this same die and I love the little noses you put on! (Although, like Ike, noses was not the first thing I saw LOL) I'm glad you decided to come & play at the hop - it's only once a year!! Hugs, Christi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Those kitties are cute. And I love the lace; it's a purr-fect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute and fun couple of black cats!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these two cute black kitties! they look just like my two! This is really cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I've finally found some time to get out and visit all the Cat Lovers projects (instead of sitting in the craft room doing my own!) and what to I find right away but your perfectly darling pair of black cats! I love the paper you chose and that lace is marvelous, Donna. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, this is hilarious! Love how you are able to tweak the die to give such personality to your cats...and for the alternate view, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What adorable and funny card!!! Beautiful idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my....I nearly died laughing!!! How perfect that you have the one cocking its head to check the ID badge on the other one's south side!! This is such a perfect card for the Cat Lovers Hop because we all know how cats can't pass another without checking out the ID....even though they know good and well who it is!!! Hahahaha.... Thanks for the laugh and thanks so much for being a part of the 2018 Cat Lovers Hop!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Purrfect pair of black cats. Have a pawsome day! 😻

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your card! So cute how you have them both facing opposite directions! LOL!
    Thanks so much for being a part of the 2018 Cat Lovers Hop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, Donna! So happy to see you in the Cat Lovers Hop! Your card is adorable - I love that kitty die!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute card! Those dies are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hehe so adorable! This put a smile on my face. I love how the cats are facing in the opposite direction. It adds a great humor. This will also work for a window card with the front and back of the cat. Thank you for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A great fun card - love it!

    Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!