Monday, September 18, 2017

Crop It! for AuroraWings


Our new challenge starts today on the Aurora Wings Challenge Blog with the theme of Crop It




For those of you who know me, and my recent computer situation,  you're aware that this post is sort of a miracle, as for once I worked ahead and had this completed before the crash.  Yay, me!   I've used the adorable Little Kitsune Anko (simple version) available HERE on AW.com and HERE (jpg only) on Etsy.  I thought this little cutie would be adorable not only peeking out from behind her fox mask, but also a very detailed fan cut with a die by Tattered Lace from specialty crinkle matte gold paper.  I've made a little tassel from two shades of red floss to dress up the end.  The screen die behind her is Die-versions.  The card is triple matted in the colors of her kimono and the corners dressed up with Asian inspired stickers and a small sticker sentiment.




Here's a closeup of Little Kitsune Anko (simple version) available HERE on AW.com and HERE (jpg only) on Etsy.  I chose the simple version so I could paper piece the sleeves of her kimono with one of the papers from the Mori Girl paper pack by Gecko Galz. 



I printed a cropped version of her arms and mask twice so I could pop them for dimension.  Her face and mask were colored with Copics.  I've positioned her arms and mask closer to her face so that she looks like she is peeking out from behind.  Kitsune is the word for fox in Japanese and is a frequent character in in Japanese folklore.  This fantasy creature can have up to nine tails depending on her age, wisdom and power.  This little chickie is just a beginner, I'd say having only one tail so far (and it's cropped out!)  



If you'd prefer to have fun with coloring a more detailed version of her kimono, you can find the fancy version HERE on AW.com and HERE on Etsy.  Either way, I think she's a doll, don't you?

Be sure to check out the AW challenge Blog to see the creative takes on this challenge by my Aurora Teamies.  We can't wait to see what you come up with.

The new September Rainbow Inspired FB challenge is in full swing as well. Hope to see you there. 

6 comments:

  1. OMG, Donna, I frickin' LOVE this!!! I know I say this a lot, but... this is my new favorite of yours! Absolutely gorgeous, magical, and so beautiful! The way you cropped her and placed the golden fan and popped the kitsune mask is brilliant. Every detail is sheer perfection! I just adore the way you colored Anko with red and black hair and golden eyes. Looking like this as a little girl, you know she'll grow up to be a powerful nine-tail fox demon some day! Thank you so much for this spectacular inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings today. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your computer issues are all taken care of very soon and everything gets back to normal (or better than before). Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna. This is stunning. Such a beautiful card.

    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Crafty-littleangel {Welcome to visit My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! That image is stunning and I love her mask! Thanks for sharing with us at DL.ART Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful!! Your coloring is amazing and the way you cropped this image is fabulous! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely project! Congrats!
    Thank you for playing with us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog !!!
    Hope to see you again in the next challenge.
    Lidia DT
    http://belloamanecercr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!