Monday, November 17, 2014

Aurora Wings Challenge #9


It's time for a new challenge at Aurora Wings and we've made it easy for you. Our new theme is Anything Goes and I've made a little Thanksgiving card using a number of the adorable Sprites.



I've modified a center step card to better accommodate all the little Sprites and used very old DP from the Debbie Mumm Holiday Glitter pack from JoAnn's.  the sentiment is computer generated and cut and embossed with a Spellbinder's Petite Scalloped Oval and inked with Distress.  The leaf is recycled "table confetti".

So let me introduce the Sprites.  First we have Corn Sprite,  Poor little guy looks kinda sad.  I tried to choose ones that might appear in our Thanksgiving Dinner. Corn pudding anyone?  Maybe that's why.  All images have been colored with Copics, and fussy cut.

Next we have  Artichoke Sprite,  I was thinking spinach artichoke dip here.



Cauliflower (or Broccoli) Sprite.  He's cauliflower today, thinking roasted cauliflower gratin, although we'll probably be having broccoli.  Needed a change from all the green.  LOL



Pumpkin Pie Kitten.  I'm the "pie girl" at Thanksgiving.  We'll be having pumpkin as well as pecan (my favorite!).  Tell me that kitty isn't the sweetest EVER! (Still workin' on that fur!)  This reminds me of Thanksgivings past when our friend's little boy (he'll be 21 in December) couldn't wait for pie and when we came out to cut it, it had little finger gouges in it.  I decorate my pies with crust cut outs which had strategically moved to disguise the the holes. LOL  (Of course, he didn't do it.)

And finally, the star of the show,  Turkey Sprite.  He's now available in the AW Etsy shop in both jpg and png formats.  Mitzi is in the process of converting many of her images to png so look for the colored dotty background if that's the format you want.  Turkey Sprite is mounted on an action wobble so he "wobbles when he gobbles".  Couldn't manage an action shot.  You'll just have to trust me on this.  I managed to resist that sentiment however.  LOL

Thanks for hanging in there with me, I had so much fun coloring these cuties. The team has had free reign with this challenge so be sure to visit the AW Challenge Blog to see the fabulous inspiration there.  We're so looking forward to what you come up with.  And don't forget to scroll down to see the lucky winners from our last challenge.  Our 1st Anniversary FB contest is still open with the theme of "My Favorite AW digi" so pop over and join us there, as well.



21 comments:

  1. "Wobbles when he gobbles"!!! LOL That's awesome, Donna! It's so fun to see all the details you've put into this piece - love the closeup pics. Your idea, as we've come to expect from you, is out-of-this-world AWESOME! Love seeing everybody together at the Thanksgiving table. Love, love, LOVE this!!

    Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, this is one of my favourite pieces of yours and that is saying a lot because I love all that you do. Absolutely amazing. Love every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Donna, this is amazing and makes me wish that we celebrated Thanksgiving over here!!! Love the little sprites and the way you combined them for your card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so totally fantastic! I love every element, every Sprite, all of your colors...everything! Amazing job, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Freakin' AWESOME !!! The little sprites are wonderful and I LUV the kitty. I used to make a damn fine Pumpkin Pie (definitely NOT the lower calorie version either LoL)
    You know - I first read the sentiment as @We all GOBBLE together' hahahahaha - where is my mind I ask you ??!!! :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxx


    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonder creation. Beautiful coloring and fussy cutting, too. Great job! Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, this is SO CUTE, I can hardly stand it! Your images are amazing and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the coloring of them! Thanks for linking up with us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. As adorable as all of your sprites! A wonderful card all around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, but oh that poor sad corn sprite. We're having sweetcorn with dinner tonight and now I'm going to feel guilty about it :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card thank you for joining us at OLL Challenge Susan DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! awesome coloring and crafting job done. :)
    Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable overload!

    Kim
    (Craftisan Studios)
    Craft Your Passion Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is fabulous! Love it and I love how you explained every little sprites role! Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It and we hope you will join us again soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is adorable, the images and the awesome coloring. Thanks for joining us this week for Give Thanks at Eureka Stamps.
    Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute!! I love your step card and those cute little Sprites! They are adorable! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Thanksgiving card is beyond breathtaking. I just love all the time and love you put into it. Every detail is just gorgeous! Thanks for linking up in my November Challenge!
    Scrappy hugs, Connie Can Crop

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh WOW! Isn't that FANTASTIC!!! Congrats on your nod from the ScorPal Blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW, this is just stunning. I LOVE your coloring and the layout is amazing. So many beautiful images. WOW. Thanks so much for joining us at Your Scrapbook Place this month. I can't wait to see more of your work. Cheers, Holley

    p.s. I am having a huge celebration on my blog this month giving away goodies everyday of Feb to celebrate 5 years post brain surgeries that saved my life! come get some free goodies for your wonderful crafting! http://holleybarnhartsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is totally awesome - I'm just enjoying every feature. Especially the coloring of those cute sprites! Thank you for playing with us at Your Scrapbook Place and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!