Thursday, August 7, 2014

Another One Layer

Don't faint!  It's another CAS one layer card from me.  Yeah, I know, who am I and what have I done with Donna, eh?  Well, besides the SOSS, I was hanging out with the Outlawz and their Sunday CAS challenge this week is watermelons.  Ummm...ok.  Well, it just so happens I have the most adorable image from A Day for Daisies called A Big Slice, so I just had to sneak this one in too, in between my exhaustive (but totally worth it) efforts I'll be posting tomorrow.  Same cheapy CS, but this one I managed to color...with PENCILS!  I have to admit this isn't the suckiest job I've ever done with pencils and there's no bleed through, even after blending (sort of) with Mineral spirits.  WooHoo!

I am actually gonna enter this also at the SOSS "L" is for Layer Challenge even though it isn't snarky.  They keep reminding me it doesn't HAVE to be snarky, (but really, what's the fun in that?  LOL)  But if you look at the sentiment and the bite out of the bottom of that card and look at the kid doing the biting, it would be more likely at his age to be gumming it to death.  Perhaps not snarky, but at least worth a chuckle.  (And look Donna, I managed to snap the pic before Edna had a chance to card or photo bomb it.)

8 comments:

  1. Look at you go with the one layer creations! I love the bite out of the bottom of the card!
    Thanks for doubling up with the sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bite out of the bottom totally makes this card! The colouring does not suck at all, by the way. ;) Thanks for playing along again, Donna -- ooh, maybe you'll be a one-layer convert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! Such a sweet card, Donna.
    That bite really does add the finishing touch to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute cute-- I am going to do that today-- Scrapbook expo and then out to eat!!
    Sorry I will miss you!! -- they are doing a demo on the explore at 2:30 both days. I think I will be gone by then, because it is Friday and the traffic into Santa Cruz is unbelievable because of the bands on the beach!!
    have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute image, great coloring...I forget to bring the pencils out but your card reminds me they're hidden somewhere in my crafting area chaos. Fantastic one layer card! Thanks for joining us again at the SoSS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to rock another 1 layer card. Thanks for joining us again at SoSS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, as a CASlover, I'm flipping over this, Donna! Your coloring is divine, I love the sediment, but the bite is a SCREAM!! You are original and fabulous!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Wow! It's a double header! LOL! I absolutely love this card - especially the bite in the bottom corner! Thanks for joining us (again!) at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!