Monday, February 20, 2012

Make a Splash with BBTB2


Good morning. Yikes! I slept in with pretty bizarre dreams so I'm still a bit groggy. My dear friend, and co-team leader Carole, chose the boots from Nate's ABC'S for our BBTB2 challenge this week. Yea for that! I have no idea how long I've owned this cartridge, but the sticker on the cart told me it had never been used. Instead of the regular rain boot cut, I chose the phrase and welded it to a pond from Create a Critter and part of a paisley shape from Old West for my huge splash drops. The water was cut in light blue mirror card stock and the patterned DP is from the DCWV Linen Closet stack except for the inside mat which is BoBunny.


It is a shaped front card, welded in DS to a rounded rectangle from George. I compressed the phrase somewhat so the card wouldn't be as long which required a bit of adjustment to the boot accent layers as well. "Make a" was cut with my Cuttlebug from the Birthday Card Making Combo. the cool mirror and clear sparkle drops were from Recollections at M's.

I usually prefer to do my shaped cards with cuts that have a shadow, but this turned out alright. I had to do a bit of trimming to the phrase in order to have an additional popped layer of the second boot, and again for "Splash" to be separate. There is tons of inspiration from my DT sisters as usual this week, so please go have a look at BBTB2. Of course, we look forward to your participation and you may use boots from any cartridge. New work only please, Mentiion BBTB2 with a link back to the challenge, and link it (the post, not the whole blog) to MR. Linky. But before you do...


PLEASE DON'T SKIP THIS LAST PARAGRAPH. I've never liked word verification, especially because it is totally unnecessary with Google's Spam filter. In the 3 1/2 half years I've been blogging, I can count the number of inappropriate comments I've gotten, and ya know what? I deleted them. BIG DEAL! As a member of several DT's I'm expected to comment on challenge entries which I thoroughly enjoy doing, but you can imagine how much time and effort that takes, especially with WV. Now Blogger has added that RIDICULOUS two word garbage, in which one of them is generally illegible. I sit there and try to decipher th screwy one after writing a decent comment and invariably mess up and have to try AGAIN with something equally unreadable. I'm sorry, I'm getting old and my eyesight isn't so great, I guess. There are not enough hours in the day for this, so from now on, I cannot guarantee a comment from me if you have word verification. I will try ONCE, and ONCE ONLY to unscramble that mess and if I fail, well, too bad. If you're that worried about your comments or some mythical robots, please enable comment moderation but Please, please, PLEASE be a friend and turn that crap OFF! (Obviously someone has gotten up on the wrong side of the bed, but even when I'm in a GOOD mood I swear under my breath when I have to type a word in) We all LOVE comments and I LOVE telling you how much I appreciate and admire your work. Don't force me to stop.


To turn off WV go to the Settings tab at the top and click on it. There is a bar underneath that starts with Basic, Publishing, etc. then Comments. Click on that and scroll down almost to the end and click NO under "Show word verification for comments". Above that is Comment moderation, if you find that necessary, click Always (or whatever) and THAT'S IT! Thanks so much!

23 comments:

  1. Love yoru card and am so so so with you on the two word thing...makes posting comments so much harder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card turned out just so beautiful, the colour combo and just everything fits so perfect together. I also agree 100% about that silly word cramp! I have been so fustrated lately trying to leave comments. I can usally get one word righr but the second word is so burry it takes at 5 trys for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bootiful card, Donna. I love, love, love the mirror paper. Of course, excellent layering as always. Bless you for your comments on WV, I think you know how I feel about it already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, eeeekkkk, this take on the boot challenge is Donna-Wonderful. I love your shaped cards always, and admire the welding that goes on. I must do that more often. Hopefully we can all band together and ban that #$% word verif stuff. It frustrates me to no end when I cannot leave a sweet comment on a blog but it has been happening more and more. I just leave very frustrated ... let's ban that word verif foreverrrr.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna I LOVE your project ! You are SO the queen of layering ! I need to learn your awesome techniques ! Super cute - as always !!! Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is adorable! Love all the details! Just fabulous! I also totally agree about WV. It's a pain. TFS
    Tina
    www.myhoppyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love this Donna. Those splashes look like real water....amazing. I love the colors and you know I always love the way you use DS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another masterpiece (I was tempted to use that cut too, lol) but being last minute Lou here, I went an easier route, lol! Love those water splashes, they do look real! And AMEN to the WV comment on here! It is very frustrating! There are some challenge blogs that won't even comment if you have WV and you enter the challenges. Maybe, just a suggestion, you could add it to the main BBTB2 blog with our next challenge and if not I may have to add something like this to my blog post next week. You know me, I like to write a book sometimes when I comment so on that note, I'm otta here, LOL!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card. The layers are perfect.
    Funny about the word verification as I was going to do a blog post about that as well.
    I am not thrilled with with the double words either. As least they could make them more readable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. CUTE! CUTE!! Love the shiny paper reflecting all the layers.

    BTW, I've never had word verification on. Blogger deletes SPAM automatically.

    ReplyDelete
  11. FABULOUS card Donna - I just love everything about this.. it's utterly gorgeous. xxxx
    I sooooo agree with the bloomin' WV thing - I can't read them either and will also stop commenting if people have it !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant work on a card. Bubbly in blue! :)

    health courses

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW this is such a fun card Donna!BEAUTIFUL job with all the great layers and details,Just GORGEOUS!Have a super day my friend!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Donna, love those huge rain drops and layers. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Donna, I agree with you 100% on that word verification crap. Hate it. I may take what you said and do the same thing on my blog. :)
    As for your creation - you think it came out "alright"??? It's stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so agree about the wv.. i am getting upset as i have to try several times to figure it out... BUT i don't have wv and you aren't posting on my blog... :-( i love your card, but i always love your creations... i could use your help.. i need to make Alex a card.. he's going to be 21.. can you believe that... how old was he when you helped me with the guitar card? hummm since that card, did the dragon one with the money out of his mouth and last year i did the skull that said "stay calm and party on".. wish i would have saved that one for this year... i can't think of anything really really cool for his 21st birthday, you are so creative, do you have any ideas... would you put on your thinking cap as soon as you get over being cranky about the wv.. lol.. i really could use your creativity, this is a BIG birthday and would love to make some really really cool.. you have my email, you know my blog address, even though you haven't popped over in a long time.. hugs from ukiah

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, Donna, how cute is this! I can't read your post right now, but I sure can see the pictures. The colors and papers are so perfect, as always, and those raindrops look so real. Love them. LOVE THE CARD!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I couldn't agree with you more on the word verification! SO frustrating!! So many challenge blogs request it be turned off yet I run into it daily! So glad someone spoke up!! Oh, and your project is SO adorable! I just got a new gypsy and love seeing new ways to use it- TFS!!
    Hugs,
    Heather P
    www.heather-p.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Donna thank you so much for telling me how to turn off that insipid WV. I wish everyone would do it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is amazing, Donna. Love all those layers. It looks fantastic. I agree with you totally on that WV. It's ridiculous and so hard to read, and totally unnecessary as you said. Hope others feel the same and will remove it if they have it on their blog.--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card!! I love the papers, papers, and 'water droplets'!!!
    I agree... I do not like WV!! It's even more horrible now!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow! really professional card. it's so amazing. i really love it.
    web design ventura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!