Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tiddly Inks Photo Inspiration Challenge


This week at the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog we have a fab photo inspiration. It's funny about photo inspirations, as well as sketches. I find that I generally take them pretty darn literally, while others can pick and chose elements from the inspiration, be totally creative, make it their own, and go with that. Wonder why that is? I guess I'm sort of a "follow the rules" kinda gal. Always a "good girl"; good grades, model behavior, (well, most of the time, and those who know different aren't likely to tell, Hee Hee) and pretty obsessed with being perfect. Anyway, I'm gonna make you go over to Tiddly Inks to see the inspiration because for some reason Blogger won't let me sign in to my own blog using IE on this computer. I'm on Firefox now, but for some reason I can't move pix around in Firefox so I have to go login on my laptop (where I don't upload the pix) and then move them around there which has been a royal PITA for the last few days and I'm about ready to throw things. ( I won't, being such a "good girl" LOL but if it isn't fixed pretty darn soon all bets are OFF!)

I've chosen Sugar Plum Fairy and colored her with Copics. The frame around her is done with Petite Ovals Nesties and the "ruffles" are done with that old standby, Fiskars Threading Water Punch, using a combination of Bazzill and American Crafts card stock. The sentiment is a Melissa Francis rub-on. Christy has some fabulous new images which she's previewed HERE and there's also a fab new freebie available in the SHOP in the Freebies section. Now go have a look at the beautiful examples from the Tiddly Inkers and be sure to give a warm welcome to the fabulous new ladies joining the group. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

26 comments:

  1. LOVE your card! The scalloped sides are such a neat idea!
    Marlena:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gor-jus Donna! Love that image and your scalloped background is so fab!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scalloped edges and the great colors....lovely all around and so rich and deep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooo, what an adorable card! I love your idea of using the scallops - it's PERFECT! As is everything about your card. Soooooo glad to be on this amazingly creative team and to get to know you! hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. hiyah donna, oooh this is just way too cute!!!! i love the little frills you made and she looks so sweet in her little nestie! gorgeous hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna - this is beautiful - the colors are spot on and I LOVE those adorable scallops. The sugar plum fairy looks so perfect to!!! Gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna!
    This is a great interpretation of the picture! The colors look rich and gorgeous and so do all the scallops. Sorry to hear that you are still have blogger issues. It is a pain. I hope it works out for you soon!
    Jess :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!! Love all those layers with the scalloped edges! The little fairy is precious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Donna!!! I love the colors and the way you layered all the scalloped edges! It looks amazing!!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Donna! Love the colours you used and all the scallops are so awesome.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Donna! I just love all of your cards and this one makes me want to try my hand at those copic markers. I like the way you made all of those layers down each side.
    Ciao baby! **Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh this totally turned out great! And funny..don't remember you telling me the color scheme but this is just what I imagined! I adore how it turned out and the image is must precious!
    xoxo, Leah
    p.s. don't you love my tricks in getting you to come over?...oh Donna, I really need to borrow...
    Wa-ha-ha-ha!
    thanks again, love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Honestly, I think yours is my fave for this challenge - literal, maybe, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

    Your Sugar Plum colouring is gorgeous, now I wish I had coloured my own in instead of using the pre-coloured. There's always the next challenge though.

    Sorry to hear about all your computer woes. Blogger has been pretty flaky lately.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your take on this challenge Donna!! Those scalloped edges are really cute!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Donna
    I love all the layers on this...great card!
    Hugs Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the layers, and the image is adorable! Great job as usual!

    HeeHee...you're always the good girl aren't you?!! Let's look back a couple of weeks at the girl in chains, then we can talk again!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. So lovely Donna! Love the punched edges, all layered up...just brilliant! :)

    P/s: I'm stickler for rules too...even though sometimes it's silly...like waiting for the green man while crossing the road when there are clearly no cars in sight...but I totally break all the rules when crafting...something's gotta give!lol!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG, Donna! You really nailed this one! What a super fabulous take on the photo!!! Love all of these wonderful shades of pink and reds. Awesome job on the coloring too!
    Good girl, my ass!
    hee hee...luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an adorable card, and you did an amazing job layering those scallops my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Donna, your card is GORGUS girl !! WOw!!!! The ruffles are perfect...such an outstanding creation!!! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Donna, omg, this card is gorgeous. Love your image, she is adorable and your coloring is amazing. I am always so inspired by you!!:) okay I think I am all caught up on commenting. I hope you have a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Donna, your card is fun and fabulous! The colors are amazing, the COLORING is amazing, and the scallops are amazing! I guess, what I'm trying to say, is that your card is AMAZING...LOL! Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooooh, very pretty. Love the punched layers and the color you used is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love how you colored sugar plum. & i love all the scallops. wonderful card as always : )

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is some awesome monochromatic inspiration there :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!