Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Cuttlebug Spot- Christmas in July


It's Christmas in July over at The Cuttlebug Spot. Well, you'd think with all of the Christmas cards I've been doing, this would be a no brainer, but BECAUSE I've been doing so many, it was hard to think of something new. I did try and keep it all Cuttlebug, and utilize some of the things I've hardly, or NEVER used. It was fun work with non traditional colors as well. I cut and embossed several of the Christmas trees and Santa from a Cuttlebug Cut and emboss combo in foil card stock and did Santa again in white and hand cut the face and suit details.
Both of the embossing folders are from the Exclusive Oh My Crafts Holiday bundle from last year. I cut the bottom of the snowflake frame to make it look like a snow drift and then cut an oval in the leftover top piece with my Nesties and popped both pieces to give it some depth. Behind is the tree folder. I felt it had a bit of a modern feel so I used a peelie from Stampendous for the sentiment. So now it's time YOU get your Christmas on! Have a look and The Cuttlebug Spot to view the great inspiration from the rest of the DT and come on and play along. There's a $20 gift certificate from Custom Crops up for grabs but remember to please include some dry embossing and make it a NEW card. Back posts aren't fair to the rest of the participants!

23 comments:

  1. it was hard to think of something new.
    yeah I know just how you feel on that one Donna - this is a gorgeous card though - very cleverly combined - love it.
    ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a wonderfully crafted card, Donna. I love the layers and that wonderful embossing. Very pretty card.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna this is truly one of my favorites, love the dimension. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna,
    This is a wonderful Christmas card. I love the white embossed backgrounds. And the trees are fabulous.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the white on white with just the pop of color... wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness, I LOVE this Donna! All that fab white texture with the pops of color...YUM!!!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. White cuttlebugged paper always looks so elegant and your card really demonstrates that. Love the spots of Christmas colors and the darling Santa! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute,cute,cute D!! I think these are the fastest cards we have ever done, lol. Love the 3-D effect.

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that embossing folder and your metallic trees!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic card, I love halloween and christmas so what better holidays to mix x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that foil paper! I've never worked with that before. It's perfect for your trees. And that Santa is just wonderful with his tree-shaped body! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always do great Christmas cards!! Hard to believe you'd be hard-pressed thinking of a design for Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just can't imagine anything being hard for you. This turned out so cute. AND it would hurt if you slapped me. lol...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad to see some christmas inspiration in using those CB folders. I have some I've never used cuz I'm not sure how but this is just gorgeous! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Donna, this is so cute! Leave it to you to come up with all these layers of cb'ing...I love them all!

    I also wish I had more time to comment on all your past posts, but time is a premium today. I love your macrabe cards...always gouhlish but never gruesome!

    Have fun at CHA. I'll have to nurse my heavy heart (from not meeting you) by soaking up some of the east coast rays while on vaca this coming week.

    Hugs,
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    I sure hope I get a Christmas card from you this year!!!!!

    HEY - holy cow, lady, I never noticed how many FOLLOWERS you have!!!! Holy moly!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome card!! I love allthe dimention, and the all white embossing and the punches of color. Really nice look!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card Donna! I love the mix of embossing folders and those little trees are SO adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love what you did with the folders, Donna! Everytime I take those trees out and attempt to make something with them, it always ends up in the trash! Yours looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this card... especially the little blobs of color on a white background :-)

    Hugs,
    Smita
    PS: I will come back for more elaborate comments. I am in a terrible rush all the time these days :-(

    ReplyDelete
  21. Donna...you never run out of creativity girlfriend...never. Look at those embossed foil trees and the snowflakes looking all drifted...I do not think so my friend. This is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!