Saturday, May 8, 2010

Stampotique Challenge Think Outside the Box


I told you I was REALLY excited to get my Stampotique order. Do you believe this is my second post today? And notice they're BOTH using Stampotique stamps. (Breathe deep Sandy! LOL) On the Stampotique Designer's Challenge Blog we're to "think out of the box" which I took to mean "do something other than a card" so I looked at the stuff I've been collecting to alter and came across this paper mache frame I got on clearance after Valentine's Day and figured if I screwed it up, no big deal. (It was WAY cheap!) My worries were, of course, that I would screw up the stamping since I planned to stamp directly on the frame and it was curved, and you know my stamping woes, etc., etc. Well miraculously I stamped Marci cleanly and I was so excited that I was almost afraid to do anything else. LOL I decided not to add any color because I intended to put a particularly unattractive kindergarten pic of me in it (which is black and white) but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) I couldn't find it. "Cute" is a rub on and "as a" is done with Studio K Epoxy stickers. Then I added buttons and inked a tiny bit around the edges and that was it. Not nearly as creative or elaborate as the other entries, but I figured I better quit while I was ahead.

17 comments:

  1. OMG, Donna, I love it! You know how badly I'm dying to get my hands on that Marci... she is the perfect soul mate for my "Smile" guy. Your stamping skills have improved immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whats up! We are having a little family time (well not really, the kids are fighting w/ Daddy or for Daddy, whatever and I thought I'd load up some pix!
    Anywho, GREAT project, simple (not really) but so cool..love that those images take any project to the next level of CooL!
    Hope your having a good weekend (I can't stand all this wind!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Donna! It's much better than my wrinkly decoupage attempt... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another amazing step outside the box, and not just that you made a frame instead of a card. Freaky creepy cuteness!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna this is so great!! love that Marci stamp....it really is cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. This altered frame is adorable. I love the "cute as a button" saying using a real button, so clever. But i think my favorite of the two is the Mosh Pit one. Since I'm a girl from the 80's & 90's I remember Mosh Pit's only too well. Those were the days. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your nice comment on my submission to the Stampotique Challenge this week. I just placed a huge order with Stampotique as well. I've been anxiously awaiting it. I only wish they got their orders out a lot faster. I mean, they are really nice, great and wonderful, and Carol is really sweet, I just wish they got their orders out faster. Okay, I'm done venting (sorry).

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow Donna, I love this...what a fantastic gift
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that frame, you're braver than me with the curved stamping x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is cute! But I want to see your kindergarten picture!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Donna...this is awesome. It seems like anything and everything to touch turns out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great, love it and love the stamped image. Tracy Evans x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna, Love your frame, the stamp is totally cute as button and I hope you will share the photo when you find it. Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  13. And cute as a button it is - dontch just love the stamps??? I do...xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. The frame is darling, love the white/black! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. woohoo....this turned out AWESOM girl!!! I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oops...forgot to say, I'd love to see your photo....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Donna,

    What did you use to ink around the edges-just the ink pad or a sponge? (partridgelu@yahoo.com)

    Thank you so much,

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!