Monday, May 10, 2010

BBTB2 and Peggy Loves Vintage


This week at BBTB2 the Design Team had beautifully nostalgic images from Peggy Loves Vintage to work in tandem with any of the first row tags from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More. I'm a big fan of Peggy Loves Vintage (and am honored to be on her Design Team) so this was an especially fun challenge for me. I love to combine Peggy's vintage images with punched borders, Cutting Cafe sentiments, Cricut cuts... well, they're so versatile, they work with anything! I chose the little girl and little boy at the beach images. They came separately or together but since I wanted to fussy cut the images I chose to print them separately. I printed the little girl twice and the boy once and used the scalloped top tag (page 91 or last one on the left of the top row) and the window cut to make my little vignette. And what a better way to showcase it than to make an easel card.
The frame and the images are popped and I tied a little hemp around the frame for detail. the designer papers are from the DCWV Linen Closet stack. Don't they have a sweet summery feel?
The "sand" paper is from the 2008 DCWV Summer glitter mat stack. "Summer" was cut twice from the Lyrical Letters cartridge with Alpha Beads strung on more hemp to complete the sentiment. The popped label is Spellbinder's Labels Eleven and I added a small shell for detail. Finally, I used "Skittles" to hold up the easel. I thought they sort of looked like sea glass. Be sure to stop by BBTB2 and check out how my Design Team sisters used more of Peggy's fun images and stop by Peggy Loves Vintage to browse the delightful images she has in store. Hey, and be sure to scroll down to see my Everyday Cricut post (I'm Ms. May!) and my Cutting Cafe giveaway.

31 comments:

  1. Oh Wow I just LOVE your card! It is Adorable! I just Love these cute little cuties and Love how you made them dimensional, like a little shadowbox! Love Everything about it and Like Always your work is AMAZING and look forward to seeing more of your creations this week at Everday Cricut. All I can say is WOW! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, this is definitely a place to be, a beautiful creation. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHH my goodness Donna!! How long did this card take you?? LOL! So detailed... I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so BEAUTIFUL! I love, love, love it. Great job. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card, and that fussy cut idea was fantastic because the two little kids side by side building sand castles is a lovely thing to see.
    Hugs.
    C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my donna, you know your good right...i think you mrs. may, june, july....but not august..thats my birthday month..so i will take that...he he he...but your all the rest of the months....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolute genius, as always, Donna. You are just such an inspiration to me. Your designs are always amazing. I've never used the window cut with one of those tags, but now my little(emphasis on little) brain is just clicking away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! This is one of my favorites of yours, to date! This is beautiful! I wanna be you when I grow up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING! Such detail and so creative, you rock girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, girl! this is so fabulous!!! I love everything you did! Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Donna, this is so, so sweet! Just adorable, I love it!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how sweet is this!? I love the vintage kids and the look of sand on the beach. Great shadowbox! With 50 degree temps here tonight it is hard to imagine that summer is coming!
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is just beautiful Donna!!! Love all the great details you used!!! TFS

    Congrats on being chosen as Ms. May!!!!

    Hugs,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is incredible! I like the shadow box you made and the embellishments are so cute! Great accents! That image is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Donna, this card is fabulous!!! I love the 3D! And the little characters are too adorable! You go, girl!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. so pretty! I just love the softness of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG girlie!!! This is so beautiful..love the layout, the dimension..love it all :)
    Hugs
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Donna, OMG, this is gorgeous, Peggy is so lucky to have you. The images are adorable and even more so in 3d. Love the tag with the window cut and Easel cards are my favourite style of card, they are so addictive. The papers and colours are perfect. I hope by visiting you so often some mojo will rub off on me. Have a great week. hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowweeeee....love this one. The image is cute in and of itself. But you bring it to a whole new level.

    ReplyDelete
  20. this turned out simply beautiful...what a way to think outside of the box girl...it's so soft and vintagy...I soo love this...

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful. Love how you made the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love, Love this Beautiful card. It is fanstatic!!! You just got another follower. Thank you for sharing your great talent.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super card! I love how you tore the paper for the sand.
    *smiles*
    debbi

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh my!!!! you are terrific...i wish i had just a bit of your creativity...love the vintage images.

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG...what a great card! You always put so much detail and love into all of your cards and this is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OH this is so sweet!!! I am really loving the new vintage images, and the way ya'll are using the layering. It is gorgeous!!!! I have downloaded a few samples to see if I can accomplish this look on my own cards, but must admit..a bit nervous about trying it. I need to check your post again to see if you use any type of glue product to give stiffness to the images. If there isn't any answer, if you have the time, please let me know..very much appreciated!!!

    Love Love BBTB2!!!!!

    LisaRN499@aol.com
    Lisa Sturgill :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful card! Your colors and details make me feel like I'm at the beach...

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW! What incredible detail in this. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow this is lovely! Whoever receives your cards must truly love them.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is a beautiful card. I really like those vintage elements!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!