Saturday, December 13, 2008

My First Explosion Box






Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season. Not much crafting going on here until I finish my decorating. (Yeah, I'm one of those people who decorates every available inch of space in the house. LOL). I do however have something to show you. This was one of those projects that ended up taking me longer than anticipated and I was finishing up a half an hour AFTER we were supposed to be at the birthday dinner. Had no time to take pix so I had to borrow it back. It was for a sweetie turning 12 who LOVES pink and hearts. Thought it would be fun to do an explosion box with this darling collection of papers from Miss Elizabeth's. Lots of girly things going on with loads of ribbons, primas, heart rain dots, and borders using my Martha Stewart punches. The hearts and lips are from Indie Art Cricut cartridge and the sentiments are from the Cuttlebug Birthday Wishes die/emboss combo, the Celebrations cartridge and some Happy Birthday peel offs and I left some spaces for her to put pix of her friends. Next time I'll try to remember that you have to decorate both the front AND BACK of each of the pages and allow myself more time.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Donna, I absolutely LOVE it... do you have directions for it??? Was it hard to make? TOOOO cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! This is BEAUTIFUL!!! What an awesome job you did on this! I'll bet she just LOVED it! I made one of these when Enfys first posted the directions on her blog. They are a lot of fun, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Donna, you rock gitlfriend!! I just love it, I haven't attempted one yet, maybe soon. I love the colors you use and all the accents. I'm sure she had to love it, with all that pretty paper. Just Gorgeous!! TFS

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is absolutely fantastic. Must have taken hours if not days. I bet she was thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh for the love of pinkness this is GREAT...I bet she loved it to pieces.....WOW!!!! It's GREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable project! I'm sure the birthday girl just loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great girly keepsake... I think these are so much fun to make and well worth it.
    Gorgeous Donna
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girly-girl Explosion Box is fantastic. I love making these...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous, I love making these little boxes xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!