Monday, January 13, 2020

My Wish for 2020


So sorry I haven't been around.  The holidays were a blur and I was late with everything, as usual.  Not a whole lot of crafting being done, either.  However, the FB challenge at the Stamps by Aurora Wings Group page is in full swing and here is my DT inspiration.  We are no longer offering Blog Challenges, but the monthly FB challenge gives you the same opportunities to win prizes, with the exciting twist that you can now enter past projects, as well as coloring only, which we hope will encourage more people to share their beautiful work.  

The gorgeous image I've used is Abundance, available exclusively HERE at AuroraWings.com.  Here is what Mitzi says about the inspiration for this image.

"Abundance" ©Mitzi Sato-Wiuff/Aruarian Dancer Created for the Enchanted Visions Project's monthly theme, "Abundance". Inspired by the ancient Chinese art of placement, Feng Shui, this image incorporates many items deemed auspicious according to Feng Shui -- goldfish for wealth and prosperity, peaches for health and longevity, peonies for beauty and romance, all presented in the shades of red and gold, which are believed to be the colors that activate positive chi.

I've colored in Copics, using the approximate colors in Mitzi's original.  I've wanted to attempt this image for quite awhile and really enjoyed the challenge.  I thought is was perfect for a New Year's Wish, although it would also be perfect for Thanksgiving using a "Thankful" sentiment, or any occasion you want to offer heartfelt wishes.


Here's a closeup of Abundance.  I've cropped the image to focus on the central portion of the design.  After coloring, I decided the fade out I'd done around the edges tended to wash out the important elements so I fussy cut around the fish tails to fit the Spellbinders Grand Oval I used to mat it.  "Wish" is a Tim Holtz die and "my" was done with the "Haunted" alphabet die from QuicKutz.  I backed the textured metallic cuts with a deep red to help them stand out a bit more.  The lovely DP is from K&Co.

Wishing you all Abundant Blessings in 2020!

5 comments:

  1. What a glorious card and image, I love the "abundance" of colours. Just gorgeous.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning project! https://kleidosbastelstueble.wordpress.com/2020/01/13/the-australian-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful card ! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna darlin! This is amazing! Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!