Monday, November 5, 2018

Mid-Inspiration Post for Aurora Wings Challenge #72


It's mid-inspiration post time for our Once Upon a Dream...or a Nightmare Challenge at Aurora Wings.




And surprise, surprise, I've got a DREAM for you.  Well, maybe more of a nightmare for those of you who had snow in September, but for me, it actually WAS a dream I had.

Hubby and I moved to CA from Michigan in 1980.  Although I love the weather here most of the time, I really was missing the idea of snow at Christmas.  When we went to bed on Christmas Eve, I was wishing for snow so badly that I dreamt that night that I would wake up to snow.  When I actually did wake up,  the curtained window looked so bright I thought my dream had actually come true.  When I was a kid, I could ALWAYS tell when it snowed because of how bright the curtains looked.  Unfortunately it was not the case, but I still think it was a gift from Santa to make me happy, even if for only a minute.  (Yes, I still believe!)

I've used the adorable Snowflake Sprite on one of my rather elaborate shaped card designs I did on my first generation Cricut Expression with my Cricut Design Studio software on my laptop back in 2009.  It was before SVG files or any of the current fancy die cutting machines and was how I became a paper crafter.



Here's a closeup of Snowflake Sprite, available HERE on AuroraWings.com and HERE on Etsy.  She's colored with Copics, fussy cut and popped, with Stickles and a variety of Nuvo drops adding detail.



Here's the dimensional view.  With all that going on in her setting, I couldn't just leave her flat, could I?


  
BTW, this cutie just happens to be on sale on AuroraWings.com along with many more of Mitzi's Christmas images HERE, as well as a current 15% off ALL AW digis on AuroraWings Etsy.  Use this coupon for an EXTRA discount through Sunday, November 11.



Here's how to keep up with what's happening at Aurora Wings.

I'm entering this in the DL.Art November Linky ChallengeSimon Says Wednesday AGJo's Scrap Shack #258  AG, the World Wide Design Team Open (Oct 15-Nov 12) AG, Die Cut Divas Nov, AG, Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #93 AG, Papercraft Challenges #23 Inspired by a Song (Let it Snow), TTRCD Week of October 30 AG, the Outlawz PAM Cold Weather, the Classic Design Team Open Nov #11 AG, 613 Avenue Create #215 AG/opt.Christmas/Winter, and A Perfect Time to Craft November #11 AG



12 comments:

  1. Love love love this Donna. The shape of the card, the colours, the 3D effect - well just everything. Beautiful. Dawn xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunningly beautiful project, Donna! As much as I bitch and moan about cold weather (and snow - if I have to drive in it), I do love having four seasons in Colorado. I know exactly what you mean about how bright it is when it snows. That Christmas dream is such a lovely story - thank you for sharing it with us! The details on this project is incredible. The dimension you bring to this with so many layers, gorgeous coloring, and meticulous details like the silver beads placed exactly so all work together to make such an unforgettable holiday piece. Thank you so much for this beautiful inspiration today! Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. Love the soft colours and the awesome details. It`s perfect for this song. Thanks you for joining us at Papercraft Challenge.
    Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing creation.

    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Made by Helen{My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Donna xx
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Dianne DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each of your creations is a work of art. I especially love your sprites!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolute wowser design. Great work here. I love it. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge


    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soooo gorgeous!!! All the dimension is amazing and, of course, your coloring is stunning!! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing card, love the 3D effect. Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Divas :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite a striking card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous....Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Jane DT for  http://
    classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!